Possible to not show video playback when previewing LED output?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Possible to not show video playback when previewing LED output?

Post by gpvillamil »

I'm playing around with setting up LED fixture output in Resolume Arena 6. So far everything seems to make sense.

However, I was wondering if there was a way to suppress the preview of the source video and ONLY see the LED fixture preview? In the picture below, I'd like to only see the 3 LED fixtures arranged in a triangular shape.
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 2.37.34 PM.png
Also, separate question, should there be a library of LED fixtures that we can access, or do we need to build them ourselves with the fixture editor?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Possible to not show video playback when previewing LED output?

Post by Zoltán »

gpvillamil wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 22:40 However, I was wondering if there was a way to suppress the preview of the source video and ONLY see the LED fixture preview? In the picture below, I'd like to only see the 3 LED fixtures arranged in a triangular shape.
That's not possible currently.
Why would you like to be able to do this?
gpvillamil wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 22:40 Also, separate question, should there be a library of LED fixtures that we can access, or do we need to build them ourselves with the fixture editor?
Resolume doesn't come with a pre defined fixture library. There are so many fixtures out there, that it would be impossible to cover every single one. So yes, it's best if you build your own fixture.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Possible to not show video playback when previewing LED output?

Post by gpvillamil »

The reason is simple, I'd like to be able to get a sense of what the LED fixtures alone would look like when deployed.