AJA Kona 3G SDI output?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
admiralperpetual
Is taking Resolume on a second date

AJA Kona 3G SDI output?

Post by admiralperpetual »

I remember trying these old Kona 3G cards back in resolume 5 (?) days and they didn't work, but figured I'd give them a go again with 6.1.1 as we have a few of them on the shelf.

at first glance they seemed to be working fine, let me change all settings and whatnot.. until I actually attach a monitor to the outputs and realize it's only outputting garbage. Essentially rainbow coloured vertical lines.

This is on Windows 10 (newest updates), nvidia gtx 760 gpu, newest AJA software. tried swapping between the two different firmware modes and changing settings in the AJA control panel.. am I missing something simple and obvious? are these cards only supported for Input for example? or dual-link out maybe?

thanks!

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: AJA Kona 3G SDI output?

Post by drazkers »

I use these cards with windows 7 and 6.0.9. The servers have been on tour, I will get them back on Friday and will test. I’m use 1080ti’s for gpu’s, my gut says resolume is using a library that does support the Driver version of your gtx 760.

That card is hella old and hella low budget. If my machine works fine you should look at a 1060.

admiralperpetual

the 760 or the kona 3g is low budget? ;)

yeah, this is an older system but it has a spare x4 pcie slot the kona 3g fits in so figured might as well try to use it.. the decklink quad2 and duo2 both work fine with it.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

To be honest, I'm a bit lost on AJA's SDK versions and which cards are supported and which ones aren't.

For a definitive answer, it's best to get in touch with AJA's support team. They can then come back to us if there's something we can do about this.

Which GPU you have should only affect performance, not the quality of the output signal.

admiralperpetual

minor update: seems to be firmware dependent. if I use older "standard mode" (vs 4k mode) firmware it works ok. only problem then is that it's 1 in 1 out, when in theory it can be 2 in 2 out.. but whatever. good to know I have a backup if a blackmagic card dies!