Oops... DXV2 to DXV3 HQ

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Zoser23
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Oops... DXV2 to DXV3 HQ

Post by Zoser23 »

So, without reading the documentation for Alley and what to do with the different DXV codecs, I went balls to the wall and decided to convert everything to DXV3 HQ (using alpha only where applicable). I now find that many clips stutter/lag, which I'm guessing is due to the artifacts mentioned when going from DXV2 to DXV3 HQ. I have already deleted most of the older files. :cry: Right now I'm converting the HQ to NQ to see if that resolves the problem, but a test run on a couple files didn't seem to make a difference. Any thoughts on how to fix this stupid mistake?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Oops... DXV2 to DXV3 HQ

Post by drazkers »

Going from dxv 2.2 to dxv 3 is actually worse then dxv 2.2. You took dxv 2.2 quality and compressed it. You don’t magically get quality back. It’s the same as mo3 to wav.

Your machine is likely stuttering because your hard drive can’t handle the bandwidth required.

Stick to dxv 3 low quality as it’s actually less data then dxv 2.2. That until you have a ssd.

If you have an ssd or m.2 that’s a different issue.

Zoser23
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Oops... DXV2 to DXV3 HQ

Post by Zoser23 »

Thanks for the feedback. :) Yeah, going to stick with normal quality from now on, unless the file is specifically high quality.

I have SSD in my computer. So, it sounds like it is this bandwidth issue you speak of.