Dual Video Cards - 9 Projectors Output Issues

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dschumacher
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Dual Video Cards - 9 Projectors Output Issues

Post by dschumacher »

We use Resolume Alley to convert our video files to your recommended format. When we add more projectors using two video cards we experience stuttering and latency when the videos play. This issue scales as more projectors are being used. We didn't notice any stuttering using 4 projectors but once we used 6-10 projectors the issue became very noticeable.

Our Hardware:
Windows 10
Intel i7 8700 Hexa-core / 12 threads
16GB Dual Channel Memory DDR4-266 mhz
512GB nvme Samsung 970 Pro m.2 SSD
Dual Nvidia NVS 810 Video Cards

One more question, as an example, when playing a video in VLC media player there is an option to change the aspect ratio, under the Video tab to 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, etc.. Is there an option to do this in Resolume?

dschumacher
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Dual Video Cards - 9 Projectors Output Issues

Post by dschumacher »

Software Version: Resolume 6

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

dschumacher wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 23:16 We use Resolume Alley to convert our video files to your recommended format. When we add more projectors using two video cards we experience stuttering and latency when the videos play. This issue scales as more projectors are being used. We didn't notice any stuttering using 4 projectors but once we used 6-10 projectors the issue became very noticeable.

Our Hardware:
Windows 10
Intel i7 8700 Hexa-core / 12 threads
16GB Dual Channel Memory DDR4-266 mhz
512GB nvme Samsung 970 Pro m.2 SSD
Dual Nvidia NVS 810 Video Cards

One more question, as an example, when playing a video in VLC media player there is an option to change the aspect ratio, under the Video tab to 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, etc.. Is there an option to do this in Resolume?
That video card really isn't that powerful, people don't normally power their rig off that video card, usually there is a powerful card doing the processing and the NVS 810 is just dummy outputs. I Think your hitting the limit of the card.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

dschumacher wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 23:16 One more question, as an example, when playing a video in VLC media player there is an option to change the aspect ratio, under the Video tab to 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, etc.. Is there an option to do this in Resolume?
I just will just anwser your 2nd Question:

Yes you can strech / manipulate the Video in Resolume in all the possibilitys you can think.

What you wont find is the 4:3 / 16:10 / 16:9 section. You will need to do the calculation by yourselfe.

In each Clip Panel you will find all the values you will find. wide & high is what you are looking for.

For just Scale the Clip inside the Composition ( Fit / Stretch / Fill /..) you can have a shortcut without caluclation values.

More infos you find here:
https://resolume.com/support/en/clips#resize
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~