LED strip controller - how to connect?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
OctavioShaffer
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: LED strip controller - how to connect?

Post by OctavioShaffer »

Oaktown wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 20:53 And to add to Joris’ answer, some LED strip take ArtNet directly so you wouldn’t need a node, just a router or go direct into the first fixture.

And if you’re dealing with Pixel tape or strips you’d also need a different kind of controller so as you can already tell, there is no real easy answer.

My personal favorite ArtNet/DMX node is the Chauvet NetX.
Hello, I just want to clear, LED string can also use to connect to router? Cause I buy LED string but I don't know how to use. But if this LED string can connect to wireless router, I can also enjoy to use that. Hope you can assist me. Thanks!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: LED strip controller - how to connect?

Post by Oaktown »

OcatavioShaffer wrote:Hello, I just want to clear, LED string can also use to connect to router? Cause I buy LED string but I don't know how to use. But if this LED string can connect to wireless router, I can also enjoy to use that. Hope you can assist me. Thanks!
Not sure what what you're asking.

Are you asking about send data to pixel tape via a wireless router? You can get Artnet data over a wireless network but that wouldn't be my first choice.

Also, keep in mind that you will need to plug your Artnet node(s) into the wireless router directly or use wireless WIFI adapters such as the IOGear WIFI adapter at each node.