Autopilot vs Continues Playback

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Autopilot vs Continues Playback

Post by He2neg »

Hey,

I had some Corparate Show and i used Arena for playing some Clips.

Only 1 Layer with a Countdown & "Autopilot next Clip" & "Video_1" .....

When the "Video_1" is on Continus PLayback i can savely click it to get the clip panel in Focus and see how much time is left and so one...

BUT when it is on continus Playback and the Autpilot jumps to it it may not start from the beginning when it was running allready...

Are you seeing my problem here?

So there are two things i want to know:
1. How to "reset" the Video and get the Playback to the first frame ( dragging the transport control isnt smooth and hit pause is also a failure point becouse the autopilot wont hit play)

2. Is there a Way to get the Clip panel Focus on the playing video beside aiming for the name ?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Autopilot vs Continues Playback

Post by Zoltán »

Which Resolume version are you using exactly?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

While this show i had the 6.1.1 i think... it was last week and i´m updating ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

VJ_Lazershaft
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VJ_Lazershaft »

You can use the resync button (map it to keyboard or controller) as a quick fix for jumping back to beginning of any currently playing clip.

Maybe I'm missing something but this sounds like it's just not the right playback switches on the clip?
See attached.
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 14.29.28.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 14.29.28.png (2.45 KiB) Viewed 7549 times
The right 2 determine start point, while the left determine loop and direction.

As for the other issue...

Good practice can be to get used to navigating to the 'active clip' thumbnail in the layers section, it's always there you can't scroll away from it. Clicking it brings the active clip into the clip properties panel.

Currently this thumbnail area isn't mappable, perhaps a good feature request..

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Clicking the active Clip in the Layer Panel at the left is the Solution for me. Thanks for hinting in this direction ;)

Still the topic is a little bit confusing.... on contin. Playback the Autopilot will jump to the middle of the clip and also wont start a clip when it was paused before.. strange strange...
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Auto pilot won't change your clip's settings, so if you had paused a clip, that will be launched by the auto pilot and it will stay paused. With a paused clip the auto pilot won't advance to the next clip any more.

If you select "continue clip from last position" play mode, then indeed when you preview the clip, the last position will be the preview position, so the clip will continue to play from that position when it's launched.
Képernyőfotó 2019-02-01 - 17.34.52.png
Képernyőfotó 2019-02-01 - 17.34.52.png (16.05 KiB) Viewed 7542 times
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Yes... I just had the idea to set it on continus playmode to have the extra safety that i wont restart the clip when I want to view the time left in the clip panel...

Not i know i can click on the clip in the Layer without the possibility to launch it I´m happy
~Berlin~