DMX Artnet Control Arena 6

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
SandroVesti
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

DMX Artnet Control Arena 6

Post by SandroVesti »

Hii
I have a problem, i will control Resolume Arena from a AMX-Panel with an AMX-DMX converter and then a DMX-Artnet converter to a computer. Now i recevie a command but the shortcut doesnt work. Does anyone know this problem?

In the attachments i have a picture where you see the input.
IMG_2368.jpg
Thank you

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: DMX Artnet Control Arena 6

Post by Arvol »

so according to your picture resolume is seeing input from your DMX device. What happens when you go into DMX shortcuts, click on a parameter, and then send a DMX value. Does it matter that shortcuts? If so what's is the specific issue that is not working?

SystemD
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by SystemD »

Hi SandroVesti,
There is a problem with the Artnet to DMX converter. The name of your node should appear in : "Source Node Name". What is the model and how do you configure it ?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

You have your Channel Offset set to 1, which means Resolume will shift all channel assignments up by 1 and only respond to channel 2 and higher.

Since you're only receiving data on channel 1, you'll have to set the Channel Offset back to 0.

https://resolume.com/support/en/dmx-sho ... nel-offset

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The name of your node should appear in : "Source Node Name".
Source Node Name is where you can change the name that this instance of Resolume uses for its own Art-Net node. It has nothing to do with other nodes on the network.

https://resolume.com/support/en/dmx-shortcuts#node-name

SandroVesti
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by SandroVesti »

Arvol wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 02:13 so according to your picture resolume is seeing input from your DMX device. What happens when you go into DMX shortcuts, click on a parameter, and then send a DMX value. Does it matter that shortcuts? If so what's is the specific issue that is not working?

Yes I became every shortcut i click on the DMX device, but when i edit the DMX shortcuts to a movie or clip this one do not react. What influence does the Value have to the numbre which is sent by the dmx device?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

It varies from parameter to parameter. If you're using a single channel to trigger a video, anything above a 0 will fire off that cue. If you're moving a brightness slider, then your 0-255 DMX value will become 0-1 or 0-100 for that slider.

To test firing a clip, can you assign DMX address 1 to a clip and then toggle the DMX value from 0 to 255 via your controller? This should get you a playing clip.