Flip Composition Output Horizontally For Rear Projection

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
elgarf
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Flip Composition Output Horizontally For Rear Projection

Post by elgarf »

Oaktown wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 03:00 As a note, the soft edge seems to be on the wrong side of the screens so I don't know it its an issue with my rig or an issue with rev62569!
This issue goes from Arena 5.
But you can use virtual screen with flipped composition as a source for slices.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

elgarf wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 06:25
Oaktown wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 03:00 As a note, the soft edge seems to be on the wrong side of the screens so I don't know it its an issue with my rig or an issue with rev62569!
This issue goes from Arena 5.
But you can use virtual screen with flipped composition as a source for slices.
No, that's definitely not how it should look, and works fine on my mac.
Does it also happen when you create a new screen setup preset?

@Oaktown so turns out, when you move the edge of the slice over the other, flipping it, that changes the pacman settings, and you clicked the first pacman to flip the texture back. But this doesn't flip the blend.

So if doing this in the projector is not an option, you can flip the slices manually by dragging the left side of the slice past the right side, to create a look like a background projection.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

So, to be clear:

When you use the pacman to flip a slice that's being blended, it does not apply the blend correctly. This is broken and has been for a long time.

Instead, you can flip the slice manually, either by rotating it 180, or dragging its edge over the opposite edge. This will flip the slice and apply the blend correctly.

It gets interesting when you realise that flipping the slice 'manually' like this, also sets the pacman. When you then use the pacman to flip it back to normal, you break the previously correctly applied blend and you get into the mess that this thread is in now....

Shamai
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Shamai »

An idea if the other ones don’t work
Instead of flipping your comp and having it backwards, output a new screen and mirror it. Send it out as a virtual output and bring it in to your final next screen as two regular slices (that is already backwards) and then you have it good in Resolume and good on the projection and the edge blending won’t be wrong