Disappearing Decks during gig

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Disappearing Decks during gig

Post by pfelberg »

I just would like to report that once in a while I have disappearing decks. Yesterday, during a gig it happened several times.
It goes like this: I load a composition and everything is fine. I usually work with 10 decks or more, exchanging between them to load content a lot, according to themes. Suddenly I start missing one or two decks, I just look after them and are just no there anymore. Sometimes I caught them in the act!!! I select it and it vanishes.
The solution is simple. I just need to reload the missing deck from the composition directory panel.
So, why the post?
Well, this is not supposed to happen. Also, because I am used to save compositions on the fly, because there are changes made during the gig that need to be saved for precaution.
So, yesterday I had to save the composition and haven't noticed that one deck was already missing. Presto, the deck was gone for good. I had to load an outdated version of the same deck from another composition and that was it.
I wonder what may cause that, since I would need to right click and select remove, to actually remove a deck.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Disappearing Decks during gig

Post by Zoltán »

Try saving the composition under a new name, I wonder if the deck gets closed, removed or it's just not being displayed. You should see this if you check the decks of the new composition in the compositions panel.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu