Import Fixture XML into Editor no worky

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vjmandala
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Import Fixture XML into Editor no worky

Post by vjmandala »

Hi, I'm hoping someone may have an idea as to why this is happening.

A friend sent me an xml, which has 10 or so LED Fixtures within.
Seeing a snapshot of his editor reveals many fixtures, but when I place xml into Fixture Library folder and boot up my resolume I get only 1 fixture appearing, and it doesnt even contain any of the parameters my friend sent me in his orig file.

He uses:
<versionInfo name="Resolume Arena" majorVersion="6" minorVersion="1" microVersion="1" revision="61728"/>

I use:
<versionInfo name="Resolume Arena" majorVersion="6" minorVersion="1" microVersion="2" revision="62569"/>

Also, when I view the original xml sent to me its hundreds of lines long, but once I have put xml into Fixture Library folder (boot resolume) then view xml again, it is only like 20 lines long, Resolume has done something to the file.

Any advice please. Thank you.
still pushin piXels...

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Import Fixture XML into Editor no worky

Post by Zoltán »

If you have such files which work on 6.1.1 but break on 6.1.2, you can contact us directly with them on mail@resolume.com
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

vjmandala
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Import Fixture XML into Editor no worky

Post by vjmandala »

Thank you. For the record - This is the response I received.

This is a screen setup preset file.
You can load it in the Advanced Output setup: https://resolume.com/support/en/advance ... ng-presets

It seems to have some Lumiverses with fixtures.
For it to work properly you'd also need the fixtures that were being used in it, and copy them to the Documents/Resolume Arena 6/Fixture Library folder before starting Resolume.

>>> as they say 99% operator error!!
still pushin piXels...