importing projects from earlier versions

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
woodswalker
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

importing projects from earlier versions

Post by woodswalker »

Hi folks,
I just got an update from Resolume 3.3.3. I would like to open my main composition from #3, but Res.6 will not open it or even find it. This is perplexing because when I briefly ran a trial of version #4, it immediately asked me if I would like to import my earlier material.
I hope it is possible to overcome this problem because I would not care to rebuild this huge composition from scratch!
Thanks

woodswalker

Re: importing projects from earlier versions

Post by woodswalker »

Res 6 crashed several times while trying to load this .avc composition from Res 3. I uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted etc. No luck.

In order to further troubleshoot this problem I downloaded Res 4 and tried to open the composition. After several crashes I got a message "XML parsing of composition has failed."

Up until now the composition has loaded fine in #3. (I am keeping both #3 and #4 on my computer.)
Thinking that all of the installs had been somehow corrupted, I transferred this composition to my other laptop where I do office type stuff. I still have an install of Res #3 and I tried to load it there.

NOPE NOPE NOPE. Res #3 opens on my business laptop, and I can see the name of the composition, but when I click to load it, Nothing Happens.

So I'm kind of bummed. I went & upgraded, and all that happened was my original, master show file is destroyed. :evil:
Anyone have any ideas?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Try opening the original 3.3 composition in version 4, save it as a new name, and open this newly saved composition in version 6.
Make sure you have third party plugins added to version 4, so they can be loaded and saved properly.
If you use any third party 32 effects, you'd need to get 64 bit versions for them for Resolume 6.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

woodswalker

Post by woodswalker »

Zoltán wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:18 Try opening the original 3.3 composition in version 4, save it as a new name, and open this newly saved composition in version 6.
Make sure you have third party plugins added to version 4, so they can be loaded and saved properly.
If you use any third party 32 effects, you'd need to get 64 bit versions for them for Resolume 6.
Thanks. That was the first thing I tried but #4 never opened it.
Beginning to suspect Win 10 'updates' did something to it.

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Heya,

Please bear in mind that you try to load a comp in that's from a 3 gen. previous version, besides being 32 bit and not 64 as R6 is, meanwhile, 4 and 5 are also MAJOR updates regarding Resolume, so, in my opinion.
It would be best to build your showfile, your cuepoints, your effects and settings from scratch, and Yes I know, I hate it too, but in R6 it's kinda like EVERYTHING is altered and different and building your grand showfile from scratch will guarantee you that it works, instead of hoping it does ;)