How to bypass input clips when using video effect as clip?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
steezlebeads
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

How to bypass input clips when using video effect as clip?

Post by steezlebeads »

Hey yall, I'm using an effect as a clip on the layers below it. I want to see only the output of the clip effect and no the original sources in the layers below the effect.

The manual says: "To make sure you see only the result effect and nothing but the effect, select the Alpha blend and turn the opacity all the way up."

I've tried this as well as toggling the input and opacity bypass buttons in different combos but nothing has seemed to work. Can anyone help me out? Attached is a picture of my output. I want to get rid of the foreground and only display the background. I'm pretty new to Resolume. I'm on Arena 5, btw.

Thanks yall!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.02.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.02.32 PM.png (69.1 KiB) Viewed 2987 times

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: How to bypass input clips when using video effect as clip?

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like your layers below might have transparent areas.
To get rid of these and have your video router clip be displayed hiding the layers below, turn up the Layer's opacity all the way,
then switch off the Alpha channel in the Effect clip's properties:
Képernyőfotó 2019-03-11 - 12.29.31.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

steezlebeads
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: How to bypass input clips when using video effect as clip?

Post by steezlebeads »

I figured this out, I had some weird stuff going on in the layer blend settings which was screwing with the output and not allowing any of the other things I tried to works. Ended up changing the blend mode to "top black" and that worked out. Shoutout to DataPhreak from reddit for helping me out! Also, thanks Zoltan as well, I'll make sure to keep your solution in mind as well for the future.

Peace =]