Problem Looping with IAC in Ableton Live

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
steezlebeads
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Problem Looping with IAC in Ableton Live

Post by steezlebeads »

Hey yall,

I'm running visuals in Resolume Arena 5 from Ableton 10 and I have what may be a niche and subtle, yet major issue with Live and Resolume.

I am using the IAC driver and midi notes to trigger loops in Ableton set by locators. A midi note triggers a locator at some position. Then, at the end of the current measure, the playhead in Ableton jumps to the locator.

The problem is that when it makes that jump, the clip in Resolume either stops playing completely(if it is not re-triggered at the beginning of the next iteration of the loop) or it blackens for a second and then is triggered again if there is a MIDI trigger for the clip at the beginning of the loop.

I believe this is due to Resolume interpreting the jump to locator as if I was pressing the play button in Ableton, which will disable any clips currently being played (I believe this is a result of clock sync). With clocking, in preferences you can allow Resolume to keep clips active on Resolume's manual clock. Is there anyway I can do this or something like this to keep the tracks going until something changes in Ableton?

In dire need of help on this one, so if anyone has any wisdom, I'll be eternally grateful. Thanks so much!

steezlebeads
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Problem Looping with IAC in Ableton Live

Post by steezlebeads »

Found this max for live patch that I'm gonna try out in the morning. All hail M4L

https://gumroad.com/l/DVsrZ

However, if it's possible to do with IAC, I'm still very interested in how. That's a much simpler solution.