Default clip transport is ignored...

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Default clip transport is ignored...

Post by Yuckfou157 »

I really dunno why, but I use BPM sync as default and when loading new clips into my decks they are set on timeline instead of BPM sync, using my worn out comp with midisettings and effects could be the problem, so I tried a new comp and loaded clips, but still they are set to timeline.
Now this isn't the biggest problem as you can select all and change the transport, but when I am live and quickly add some clips, it's kinda annoying because I have buttons to change the speed which of course don't work with timeline...
After I had some trouble Saturday with the update, I completely (except the folders in my docs) uninstalled R6 and reinstalled it, but still this problem exists :|

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Default clip transport is ignored...

Post by Zoltán »

Do you have both the default Audio and Video transport set to BPM sync?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

C'mon Zoltán, of course they are ;)
I wouldn't post this if I tried extensively to see what could be going on, isn't there somewhere in the comp xml or settings xml a line that tells the program what the default is that I can remove, open R6, new default is loaded then save and close R6 so it's fixed?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Well, sometimes experienced users also miss trivial things, like when they say Bpm clips freeze, and it turns out the Pause was engaged ;)

So, are the defaults ignored in specific clip slots in positions where you have removed clips earlier?
Do the defaults get ignored with a new composition too?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 05:56 Well, sometimes experienced users also miss trivial things, like when they say Bpm clips freeze, and it turns out the Pause was engaged ;)
Of course, and I don't mind, I tried a lot before I posted and the problem is rather persisting now for a good few months...
Zoltán wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 05:56 So, are the defaults ignored in specific clip slots in positions where you have removed clips earlier?
Do the defaults get ignored with a new composition too?
Nope throughout the whole deck, every clip that's loaded (loading loop packs at once, layer after layer) is set to timeline and also tried a new empty comp, it still happens...
Need the avc or something to get more info?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

We have a similar ticket, where placing new clips after cutting others, the default transport can get ignored.
However in that case, after switching to another deck and back, or creating a new composition, the default transport settings are respected again.
Could you double check and confirm if you see the same behavior?
Thanks!

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Zoltán wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 07:55 switching to another deck and back, or creating a new composition, the default transport settings are respected again.
Nope, still is on timeline, every new clip added, deck switching, new comps, new install, it's ignored and set to timeline :|

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Strange,
Which Resolume version are you using?

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Latest one of course, but let's leave it, it's probably something on my side of the works as I'm the only one having this problem, I'll wait till the next update and see if that changes, so is there a possibility to kill all the sizing, scaling and other parameters within a clip when you copy a deck to another one?
I keep getting settings back from 20 shows before in position or scaling that keep on coming back because there once was a clip that needed that?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Well, as I said we have a similar ticket , but there new compositions respect the BPM as default.
I keep getting settings back from 20 shows before in position or scaling that keep on coming back because there once was a clip that needed that?
That's a new one.

Could you zip and send us your Documents/Resolume Arena 6 folder?
Maybe we can recreate what you see.