APC mini - Shift & Preview

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Aytine
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

APC mini - Shift & Preview

Post by Aytine »

Hi !
I just bought an APC mini and it work really well with the default mapping included but I was wondering if it's possible to trigger the preview of a clip by pressing shift + <clip pad> ?
So far, I havn't been able to make it work : every time I pressed those two simutanously, I end up with the last one ... I even look for re-mapping software but found nothing on the Akai website or google.
Thanks !

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: APC mini - Shift & Preview

Post by Joris »

Unfortunately, the Shift button on the APC series does not actually change the MIDI messages that are being sent out. It just has the word Shift printed next to it, but doesn't actually shift anything. Unless you program your own logic in your own application, that button is just another regular button.

Aytine

Post by Aytine »

Thanks for the awnser ! Do you have some links or advices on how to make such an app ?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I would make it using c++, especially with the JUCE library that takes away a lot of the pain of dealing with MIDI devices.

If you're not that into c++, Processing is very beginner friendly and has good MIDI libs as well.

If you want a more GUI based approach, a lot of people swear by Bomes. Personally, I'm not a fan, but I guess it does what it needs to do.

A newcomer on the tinkerer area is RD/Showcockpit. I don't have any experience with it, but it looks very user friendly and customisable.

Aytine

Post by Aytine »

Thank you so much for this !
I'm gonna take a look at all of this !