Power cycle projectors without losing signal?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
aarkley
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Power cycle projectors without losing signal?

Post by aarkley »

I recently set up a permanent installation using Resolume Arena 6 on a custom built PC running a Single 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. I'm using two Epson PowerLite L615U projectors.

My question is this. When I turn off the projectors - and turn them back on - Resolume stops sending signals to the two projectors. I can go into ADVANCED output and reset it - but I want my client to be able to turn off just the projectors at the end of the day - and turn them on in the morning without any problems...

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Power cycle projectors without losing signal?

Post by Grimm90 »

Does the client also turn off the PC ?

I would just try doing things in order .
Start up projectors , wait a bit , start up resolume.
When powering off , shut down resolume & PC , then shut down projectors.

or This edid emulator could help you

aarkley

Post by aarkley »

Yeah - that's exactly what I'm having them do now... following a sequence of steps for starting and stopping resolume. (and turning off the PC)

I'd like the client to be able to not touch the computer -and just turn on and off the projectors. (and maybe reboot once a week)

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

You could try an Edid minder inserted between the card and projector. The card will always see the edid minder as being connected leaving you free to turn the projectors on and off.

aarkley

Post by aarkley »

Hi Empyfree

That's a great idea... I didn't know such a thing existed.

Thanks!

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Yeah this is the best solution. There are a whole bunch of products out there that provide this functionality, you'll see them described as EDID Minder or EDID Detective.

The "fancy" ones will run upwards of USD 100, though they do more. These will certainly work.

There are some low cost ones too around USD 22: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722NVQHX/ I am not sure how reliable they are, but for that price is worth trying.
Empyfree wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 16:03 You could try an Edid minder inserted between the card and projector. The card will always see the edid minder as being connected leaving you free to turn the projectors on and off.