Having a bigger monitor view

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
fred13
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Having a bigger monitor view

Post by fred13 »

good morning all,

I'm using Resolume Arena 6 and most of the time we are using our small screen 2x1 meter as a DJ booth.

our screen has a pitch of 4mm, which means that we are using slices in order to quickly fit our composition to the screen. Which means that it is impossible to have a correct view on the monitor screen include into the software.

does anybody have an idea how to make monitor view bigger please ? I've read many topics already in this forum but I'm getting lost... sorry for that

hope somebody gets a solution :)

have a nice Sunday to all...

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Having a bigger monitor view

Post by He2neg »

I‘m not 100% sure i understood your problem right.

Did you try slice transform on the composition lvl to adjust the small output view to the correct style of your Output

You can rearange the positions of the gui like you want (under view / drag n drop)

You can set the preview/ output panel to different views (small menu top right of the monitor)

If this is not your problem:

What do you mean with bigger monitor view instead ?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

fred13

Post by fred13 »

hello,

thanks for your time and support. I see that I can arrange windows here and there but I can't increase the size of them.

maybe let me giving you more info.

I registry my project size 1920x1080. my screen is only 416 x 208, by doing this I'm maybe wrong and this why I need to use a slice transform to adjust all pictures to this small screen but picture or movies are 1920x1080. What is correct please ?

in the preview monitor no problem I can see images or movies bigger. But I can't encrasse the size of the preview monitor window. in the output monitor windows, my screen is very small on the top left of the screen. Almost impossible to follow anything.

I'm getting lost !!! thanks for your support

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Mhm,
Ok now i see your Problem....

You shouldnt use slice Transform for that. Its the opposit of what you want to reach...

You want your Comp stay 1920x1080 and see your main Output as fullscreen inside your monitor but only have a 416x208 pysical output.

You mayb can use the scale of your LED Prozessor you downscale this signal? So you will just send it as 1080.

i will need to do some testing, before i can be sure.... but what is it looking like when you dont use slice transform and just scale it in the advanced output
[take the whole input area, and send it to the output [416x208] also as whole area?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

fred13

Post by fred13 »

I though about this idea, but in case of I add another screen the scaling will not work. I do use the scaling when I do share a football match on a bigger screen 3,5 x 2 meters for example

in DJ party set up, from my computer I do extend the monitor view, and of course I can only see a part of this extended screen because in my novastar I did enter the small screen on the ouput 1 for exmaple. And if I do have another screen, I will use another output and so on

hope you still get what I mean