Spreading a video over 4 screens

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
applehead
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Spreading a video over 4 screens

Post by applehead »

HI ,
I have a project where I will have a very large video (4x1920 wide) to be spread to 4 projector and needs to be in sync, it is one video.
I have the video card that capable of doing the 4 output and the footage created at 7680X1080
The problem I am facing:
I create a a composition at 7680X1080 put the video in.
In my advanced output , I create a screen , a slice ..
THE PROBLEM I AM FACING is that in the slice option I cannot designate an output ( a projector) to the selected part of the video) the output is only available to the overall screen.
What is the easiest way to spread a large and properly formatted video over 4 screens that uses only 1 file to keep it ion sync?
Or Do I have to put the same video into 4 different layer and create 4 different screens in the advanced output , picking the appropriate part of the image ?
Is there a trick to keep them in sync if the last option is the only option to do this?
Thanks,
George

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Spreading a video over 4 screens

Post by Empyfree »

You really (really) want to be looking at a Datapath X4 or FX4 for this. One 4K feed from your graphics card into the FX4 and then split your output four ways in the hardware. Four outputs from a graphics card will almost never be in sync!

For your current scenario you’d be looking at four slices, one per output.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Spreading a video over 4 screens

Post by He2neg »

When oyur System can handly 4 Outputs in Sync you wont need any aditional Hardware....

your Comp is 7xxx wide... you need 1 Slice per output (1920x1080) and these 4 slices can be placed in the input mapping first slice to the left 2nd right beside and so on...

not you should have your video split on 4 slices.... these 4 slices can be routed to your 4 outputs...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~