RESOLVED: Denon Prime and short video loops

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Sifu
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

RESOLVED: Denon Prime and short video loops

Post by Sifu »

I have a batch of loops I bought from the Footage shop here.
My equipment is the Denon x1800 + a pair of cs5000m's

Most of these clips are very short; a few seconds.

When I pick a player or song to associate with the clip, it plays for the duration of the clip and stops.
The looping icon vanishes when I select Denon as the transport.

Is there a way to make the clip loop until I change songs?

Thanks!
Last edited by Sifu on Wed Jun 19, 2019 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

bart
Team Resolume

Re: Denon Prime and short video loops

Post by bart »

Welcome to the resolume forum Sifu. It's not yet possible to make a short clip loop when synced to Denon, it's mostly used to line up full tracks but this is definitely something that we want to add in a future release.

Sifu

Re: Denon Prime and short video loops

Post by Sifu »

Ok - perfect. I understand that.

I worked around it by using ffmpeg and its concat feature to create video loops of a longer duration (the length of the song).

Thank you!

officialyourdad

Re: RESOLVED: Denon Prime and short video loops

Post by officialyourdad »

I really hope there is an update coming soon with this request. It's a very tedious creating custom length edits of every song in the library. Please oh please 🙏

Thank you, I love your software

LockedUpCash

Post by LockedUpCash »

Has there been an update addressing this feature yet?

I’ve been looking forward to purchasing arena for the denon video syncing but I only have loops. I’m currently using serato video whenever I need to use videos in a performance but I would like to move to only using denon and arena.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

You can now put a Denon synced clip to loop, and set it's duration to what you'd like.
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2021-12-27 - 16.24.00.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

LockedUpCash

Post by LockedUpCash »

That's great and all but what about adding a feature or option where attaching the next song to a new clip will put that clip into loop mode right away. Also, after purchasing Arena I realized that there is no bpm sync to the clips with the stagelinq protocol on the Denon platform meaning that you can play a looped clip but not have it sync up with the music. The clip will react accordingly to the tempo changes but there is no auto-sync for the clip with the music. This is something that Serato video excels at and I'm quickly finding that resolume may not be the way to go. Kind of a waste of $800 so far. It's very tedious to have to create so many video files for each song, especially as a mobile DJ that takes requests occasionally. The Denon link with resolume is clearly meant for planned out festival events but since it is a DJing platform you would think there would be more versatility.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

there is no bpm sync to the clips with the stagelinq protocol on the Denon platform meaning that you can play a looped clip but not have it sync up with the music.
Denon synced clips will play the exact frame, with the exact frame of your track.

The Prime 4, for example can do Ableton link now, Arena can do it too, so you can sync the BPM using that, if your player also supports LINK
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

LockedUpCash

Post by LockedUpCash »

This is true, however when switching the mode of bpm to LINK you lose the denon fader control over the clips and it still doesn’t resolve the non auto looping feature. I’d have to use a separate midi controller to have any control over arena.

LockedUpCash

Post by LockedUpCash »

Also, I’m well aware that the clips will play the exact frame of the frame of the music but my point is that there isn’t any alternative options for using a random looping clip for a random piece of music. It’s more designed toward planned out festivals.