Novation Launchpad mini, Ableton & Resolume Avenue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Lawder
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Novation Launchpad mini, Ableton & Resolume Avenue

Post by Lawder »

Hi

Problem:
I'm triggering scenes with my launchpad on Ableton Standard edition, and have these scenes mapped to the Resolume Avenue 6 columns. I was able to have some fun up until the 9th scene and 9th column, because when trying to map the 10th, Ableton launches the 10the scene, but Avenue receives the same midi input message from the 2nd column.

Im using a novation launchpad mini and the problem lies in that for me to use scene 9, 10 etc I have to press the page down button (square in Ableton moves down) so I can launch scene 9, 10 etc. When I try to map that scene launch in Resolume, it's like it is not seeing that the scenes should be other midi inputs.

Anyone any ideas? I'm lost.

Thanks in advance.
Lawrence

Running on iMac Mojave

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Novation Launchpad mini, Ableton & Resolume Avenue

Post by Zoltán »

Ableton does the logic in the page shifts internally in the program. The page down button is just another midi note, and the notes and CC-s for the other buttons and dials don't change after pressing it.
Resolume doesn't do this logic internally currently.

What you could try would be mapping the page up and down buttons to the Next/previous deck buttons in Resolume, so when pressing then Resolume could switch decks similarly to the pages in Ableton.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu