issue with output in Resolume Arena 7.01 and AMD graphics card

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Holm
Is taking Resolume on a second date

issue with output in Resolume Arena 7.01 and AMD graphics card

Post by Holm »

Dear community,

I have a problem with resolume versions 7 and, more importantly, 7.01, which I believe to be related to the AMD graphics card. I am working with two different PC setups. Both run on Win10; PC1 has a Ryzen 5 2600 and a 1050TI; PC2 has a XEON 1630V3 and an AMD R9 390. With version 7.0, Resolume did not even start on PC2. On PC1 it did start but with the problem that there was a black square overlaying the output. Only a few percent of the upper part of the image were visible. Therefore, I assume that the video did run properly below the black square. I played around with the opacity of all layers, but this did not change a thing. After the update to version 7.01, the problem disappeared on PC1, the program runs perfectly now. On PC2, the program does start now but with the same problem I had with PC1 under version 7.0. To complicate the matter even further, the problem only occurs with an old composition with camera input (originally created in version 5 of Resolume). Older compositions without camera input and new versions with and without camera input work perferctly.
All drivers and the OS are up to date.

Has anyone had similar problems and an idea on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Holm

Holm
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: issue with output in Resolume Arena 7.01 and AMD graphics card

Post by Holm »

Hi!

I found the issue. It is not the graphics card. Resolume7 seems to interpret the values ​​of the crop effect differently, depending on which previous version of Resolume the composition was created in. In my case, it was a crop effect on the whole composition, but it also affected a few individual files in the composition.
Sorry, I would have more accurate should check.

Holm