v7.02 rev 65296 Bugs

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vj-01
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

v7.02 rev 65296 Bugs

Post by vj-01 »

-The clips aren't remembering difference between premultiplied and straight alpha trough sessions even though I hit ctrl+s (most annoying situation is to start back at every session and lots of clicks...)

-Displace 0.50 x and y is not centered with apc40mkII so even tough you recenter the effect on multiple layers is it still distorted. Can't remember which but also some effects works badly with midi controller and used to work great in version 6

-Fake relative is working very badly with speed and many options that used to work ok in version 6

Thank you

VJ-01

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: v7.02 rev 65296 Bugs

Post by Zoltán »

vj-01 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 17:40 -The clips aren't remembering difference between premultiplied and straight alpha trough sessions even though I hit ctrl+s (most annoying situation is to start back at every session and lots of clicks...)
Thanks, made a ticket.
-Displace 0.50 x and y is not centered with apc40mkII so even tough you recenter the effect on multiple layers is it still distorted. Can't remember which but also some effects works badly with midi controller and used to work great in version 6
Displace at 0.5 y, and y is centered for me. Do you maybe have an Envelope added to the x, and y?
-Fake relative is working very badly with speed and many options that used to work ok in version 6
Could you send us a screenshot of the setting of a shortcut that doesn't work?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

vj-01

Post by vj-01 »

Thanks for the follow up, here are three printscreens !

Can't wait next version, not VJing until I have my alpha straight back ;-)

Suggestion: default import option to alpha straight (I never use premultiplied)
Attachments
fake relative.jpg
displace-01.jpg
alphastraight-01.jpg

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Fake relative is working fine for me with my APC.
You can set the step size in the shortcut directly if you want to be more precise.
With the default settings, and range set to 0-1 I get 0.01 precision at the low end and 0.02 precision on the high end. That's expected as, the speed scale is not linear.

In the displace screenshot, you have a lot of effects enabled in the chain. Try disabling them one by one to find the one that's making the distortion.
If you still see it after disabling every effect, check the layer and the clip too.

If you want to roll back to 7.0.1, you can get the installer for it from the bottom of the download page ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

vj-01

Post by vj-01 »

Thanks, rolled back, will try new version for sure but will know how to roll back to working version.

Thanks,

VJ Ubiquity (has renamed, bad branding)