A7 Crash while changing fixture profiles

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
LDHelvy2826
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

A7 Crash while changing fixture profiles

Post by LDHelvy2826 »

Hey everyone,

I was curious if anyone else is having this issue.

I am patching quite a bit of LED pixel tape via Enttec Pixelators to V7 of Resolume Arena. I'm using all Mac OS, and have connected all of them successfully but when I need to change some of the fixture profiles patched through the advanced output, the software crashes.... I get the beach ball of doom until I force quit. I know I am pushing some boundaries with having anywhere between 18-33 Lumiverses depending on the application, but I don't think that should cause the software to beach ball.

I have the hardware stats pulled up and it appears I'm only using about 40% of the processing power of the computers at its peak.

Anyone else have this issue and a quick way to resolve it? Or do I need to wait for an update for the software to come out?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: A7 Crash while changing fixture profiles

Post by Zoltán »

33 Universes should work just fine.

How are you changing the fixture profiles exactly?

Do you have DMX input enabled in Resolume?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

LDHelvy2826

Post by LDHelvy2826 »

In the advanced settings under the fixture settings tab. The drop down loads with all my fixture profiles and then the software locks up... The most frustrating part is its not all the time. I do have DMX input enabled so I can control it with my lighting console. After force quitting and fighting through it I was able to get my show up and running but it took forever because I had to keep quitting out and relaunching the software.

Also kind of related... When the software restarts the first Lumiverse gets patched to some random universe and subnet.... Not sure if that is related or not. Its only the first one, nothing else. I am crazy about hitting the save quick key as well so I know its saved.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

LDHelvy2826, have you tried with the new release Arena 7.0.3?

LDHelvy2826

Post by LDHelvy2826 »

I have not. I will update to the most current and see if the problem persists. Now that I have it all set up and the initial startup is running I don't have to mess with the output much.... But I'll check if the problem still happens after the update.