Opening Avenue 4 Compositions on a New Computers - Avenue 3/4 and Arena 7

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
caris3
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Opening Avenue 4 Compositions on a New Computers - Avenue 3/4 and Arena 7

Post by caris3 »

My mac os on my old computer died, but I have access to the hard drive with the compositions, preferences, etc. from the documents folder. It was running Avenue 4.

I recovered the old compositions, placed them in my documents in the resolume compositions folder on a new computer running Arena 7, but they do not show in the resolume compositions browser. I think I read that comps from version 4 would not work in 7. Will I ever be able to use them in 7?

I also tried opening them on a friend's computer running Avenue 3. They do show up in the resolume compositions browser, but they will not open. I would like to succeed in opening them somehow, so I am thinking of re-installing version 4 on a 2nd computer in hopes of recovering my work.

Should the compositions open in version 4 on a 2nd computer or do I need to copy all of the contextual shortcuts, presets from the old computer for them just to open?

Also, will the comps ever work in the future on 7?

Thanks for your help and support!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Opening Avenue 4 Compositions on a New Computers - Avenue 3/4 and Arena 7

Post by Zoltán »

Version 4 compositions can be loaded in version 6 via the Composition menu Open file dialog.
You can get the installer for the older versions from the bottom of our download page

You'd need to open and save the compositions under version 6, then you can use the Import compositions and presets function in version 7 (Avenue/Arena menu) to import them into version 7.

Shortcuts need to be re-created, as the shortcut system has changed completely since version 4.

Copying the original Documents/Resolume Avenue 4 folder to a new machine, should keep all your settings intact, if you'd like to re-install Avenue 4 on a new machine.

Also, Avenue 3 won't be able to open Avenue 4 compositions.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

caris3
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by caris3 »

All steps that you outlined succeeded. Now, I have my compositions opening in version 7. Thank you, Zoltar!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Awesome!
You're welcome ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu