Frame Drops, Tearing on Resolume 7.0.1

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
PGLaz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Frame Drops, Tearing on Resolume 7.0.1

Post by PGLaz »

Hello, so.. i have really annoying issue with frame drops/tearing.

PC Specs:
-i7 5930K 3.5GHz
-Asus X99 A II (motherboard)
-32GB RAM DDR4 2133 or 2400 MHz (i can't remember exactly on this one
-Sapphire Radeon R9 390 NITRO 8GB DDR5 or nvidia 1080TI Gigabyte (i tried with both GPU's)
-SSD and an M2 SSD (not sure sure about the models, i can ask tech team, i think both are Kingston)

I used a composition of 5760x1080 (3 full hd displays, Left - Center - Right) and my own display so 4 outputs on the GPU, i tried with 60FPS and auto, i had 3 to 7 layers, i tried clips with H264 and DXV 3.0 codec (with both codecs i had the same issue), i tried with HDMI and DP (same).
I tried a lot of another things that i thought it might help (troubleshooting), but still im not sure where the problem can be. I think maybe the RAMs or SSDs ?

The thing is frame drop is not that big, from 60.00 to 55.00, but the tearing is really visible and looks really bad. I'm really out of ideas what should i test.
I want to specify that on LED's there is no tearing, maybe because we are using MCTRL4K from NovaStar and it's doing some work after receiving the signal, but there are some drop frames too.

I can provide any info's if needed (nvidia settings, more about the setup i had at that specific event, anything else).

Thank you,
Lazu - PGL.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Frame Drops, Tearing on Resolume 7.0.1

Post by Zoltán »

Could you post some pictures about what kind of taring you see?
Where do you see the tearing exactly?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Why don’t you update to 7.0.3 and see if you still have any issues?

http://resolume.com/blog/19107/resolume ... 4-released

PGLaz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by PGLaz »

Zoltán wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 17:54 Could you post some pictures about what kind of taring you see?
Where do you see the tearing exactly?
I'll upload a video on monday, today i'm off work.
Oaktown wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 22:03 Why don’t you update to 7.0.3 and see if you still have any issues?

http://resolume.com/blog/19107/resolume ... 4-released
I want to try to fix this issue first, or atleast to understand why it happened.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I want to try to fix this issue first, or atleast to understand why it happened.
Why? The Resolume team constantly improves the software so why don’t you try to see if the new version takes care of your problem rather than trying to figure out how to fix an older version.