APC MK II Midi Delay Problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
chuck
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

APC MK II Midi Delay Problem

Post by chuck »

I've been using a MK2 for my live shows now for a couple of years. i have it fully mapped with color velocities and the works. aside from the global composition settings, bumps, piano triggers, etc i have a few active mix layers that each have a copy of my effect stack with lots of colored value feedback and stuff. i think its 8 knobs and 18 pads with parameters set to "selected layer."

when i select one of these layers, there can be several seconds of delay before the layer is actually selected in the layer panel in resolume and the colors on the mk2 are updated. piano triggers and stuff are on perfect timing though, unless its having a long think about a layer select trigger.

i've tried routing through Bome to see whats happening and its receiving the midi trigger right away but then resolume has some sort of lag in processing it all. have i just hit some kind of MIDI limit? is there one? i don't feel like i'm asking too much from the controller and the system to be honest, i mean, it's in the manual... #anyway

problem is with up to at least resolume 6.14, haven't taken my show machine to 7 yet cause of instability.
i9 cpu, 2080 gpu, 64gb ram, win 10 latest update.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: APC MK II Midi Delay Problem

Post by francoe »

I think the 'my stack' is the problem (maybe values waiting for bmp sync in those fx?).
I use 8 knobs and a bunch of pads with 'selected layer' with no clue.