Second display

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
monks
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Second display

Post by monks »

Hi, I have a question please. I need to be able to stop the display of the output appearing on the laptop screen. I'm running Ableton live in the background and I need to be able to see Ableton if possible. What I need is, for Resolume to send the output to the projector screen via the hdmi, but not display that output on the laptop screen. Is this possible?

I can see that you can set up a second display on Windows- from your help manual...I've not actually set up another display...but I do have a second display which is my projector of course to which the hdmi goes to. Am I right in saying that's my 2nd display? And, I don't have a second display showing in Resolume- it's only finding the one, which is no doubt because I've not set one up in Windows.
When I go in Windows Display settings I have a single display with 1/2. I don't have two displays.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!,
monks
Last edited by monks on Tue Oct 15, 2019 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Second display

Post by Oaktown »

Just select your second screen in full screen mode in the Output drop-down menu.

monks

Post by monks »

When I go in Windows Display settings I have a single display with 1/2 on it. I don't have two displays I only have the 1 showing in Resolume.

...I think the answer is here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/210 ... -10-a.html

**SOLVED**
Last edited by monks on Tue Oct 15, 2019 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

You need to extend your 2nd display in the Windows display setting so hit F10 and select Extend or right click on your desktop, select Display Setting, scroll down until you see the Extend option in the Multiple Displays section.

monks

Post by monks »

Yes thanks done it. Sovled. ;)