Sync Live and Arena with floating bpm. Looking for some kind of wonder.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
tjaarkee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Sync Live and Arena with floating bpm. Looking for some kind of wonder.

Post by tjaarkee »

All setup looks like

Ableton Live 10 (may be different DAW if it will suit better) -
AUDIO PB stereo going to FOH (warped track) (output 1-2)
AUDIO CLICK going directly to drum iem mixer (warped track) (output 3)
SMPTE LTC AUDIO pre-recorded going to dedicated out (warped track) (output 4)
MIDI CONTROL CHANGES different midi CC (midi out)

Qlab 4 (optional)

on incoming LTC timecode or Midi Note triggers folder containg OSC commands for Arena
so arena starts clip from SMPTE then switches to timeline (in case of SMPTE is going down) plays few minutes (till the end of the song) and then switches back to smpte, changes column to LOGO and waits next command from Ableton

Arena 6
Starts video clip in sync with Ableton audio PB and between song swithes column to LOGO

Light Console (anyone that is able to recieve LTC, depends on light guy)

What I was asked to do if it is possible in some way.

When artist need to speed up the song by 1 or 2 or 5 bpm he adjust bpm in Ableton (in fact that audio tracks are warped all is going ok with pitch ect), when artists need to loop some part of the song to make sing-a-long with the crowd we already have loops in each song that can be triggered when it’s time to and then go to back to the song (made like several scenes for one song, first part, second, loop with the crowd looped scence, ending of the song).

In this case I need some kind of WONDER to speed up video in Arena and light show as well.

I’ve already tried to mess up with Ableton Link, speeding LTC SMPTE (weird thing, speeding but nothing happens, and yes I understand that there’s no way to do it). Also tried different things like converting LTC to MTC for some help but no way...

Looking for an answer asap. If there’s any info that I can provide to clear up all the things just let me know.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Sync Live and Arena with floating bpm. Looking for some kind of wonder.

Post by Zoltán »

tjaarkee wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 15:26 SMPTE LTC AUDIO pre-recorded going to dedicated out (warped track) (output 4)
In this case I need some kind of WONDER to speed up video in Arena and light show as well.
I’ve already tried to mess up with Ableton Link, speeding LTC SMPTE (weird thing, speeding but nothing happens, and yes I understand that there’s no way to do it). Also tried different things like converting LTC to MTC for some help but no way...
You need to warp the SMTPE track with re-pitch mode in Ableton.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

tjaarkee

Post by tjaarkee »

Big thanks to you, Zoltan! This really helps. But even if I’m going like plus 1bpm video start to glitch... i need to have an option to go like from plus 1 bpm to plus 5 bpm and nit even more without glitches. Fps is ok btw. I already bought couple of hardware smpte generators but found no way they can help me( maybe there’s some solution that I don’t know?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

What you describe sounds exactly like you have the warping for the SMPTE clips in Ableton set wrong.
Make sure they are all se to re-pitch. Other modes will slice up the SMPTE and put it together again, which will mess the signal up.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

tjaarkee

Post by tjaarkee »

Thank you, Zoltan! This helped me a lot and solved my problem! Double checked warp settings and converterd to dxv3 all media. You made a wonder for me!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Glad to hear your setup works now as you'd like ;)