Is it possible to use the output from another program and have it as a live feed?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mcstrepta
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Is it possible to use the output from another program and have it as a live feed?

Post by mcstrepta »

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it is at all possible to use the main video output from another software program (in my case I want to use the output from serato video) and have that come into resolume as a live feed that I can play on a layer so that I can mix videos in serato video so that everything is nice and in sync with the videos, but that I can then use resolume to add other layers over the top as well as do other video mixes for songs that I dont have video clips for in serato vj. I will be running them both through the same computer so was wondering if this was possible. Would make playing live a whole lot easier with more things running in motion with each other without my constant manual input. Thanks for your help.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Is it possible to use the output from another program and have it as a live feed?

Post by He2neg »

yes you can.... spout, ndi, syphon (mac) are some tags you can find what you need...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~