Funny videoscratching..

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
chq
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Funny videoscratching..

Post by chq »

Hi,

i wanted to use Resolume as a media server on an important event.

While playing a clip (it was a 10min long movie), i wanted to change the aspectratio (Resize). Meanwhile, i know that i can do this by opening the bar at the top, but at the moment i wanted to scroll down inside the clipmenu with the mousewheel, because i couldn't see the Resize-parameter on my screen (many layers).

The result was a more or less funny realtime-video-scratch. :? Aaaaargh! :evil: (haha)

Because of this experience i think, it should be possible, to disable realtime-video-scratching by mousewheel. Who needs this f__k!?

Incidentally, I had an excited director behind me, who often wanted to know and/or read the remaining time of each playing clip.

Because the crazy small size of this value inside Resolume, he got nearly crazy (and i too).

I really had a nice day.. :cry:

When you add the word "media server" onto a website offering an originally vjay-software, there should be recognizable features, a media server software contains/needs. Maybe experts can help you. Please search for them! I hope they can guide you going the right way.

Greetz Chris

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Funny videoscratching..

Post by He2neg »

There are a lot of differnent media servers to use...All media servers have a different focous and have different strength and weak sides.

Chose the one that fit your needs and the one your customers are willing to pay.

Just my 2 cents..:
When you need to do more then just fire up coloms you didnt prepare your show good enough ;)

To see the remaining time in a bigger way is allready on the future request list and i think it may be some layout solution for this sometime in the future...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks for your feedback!
chq wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 19:16 Because of this experience i think, it should be possible, to disable realtime-video-scratching by mousewheel. Who needs this f__k!?
I'm sure there are users out there who rely on this for their workflow.
You can also control layer faders with the mouse wheel ;)

Scrolling the menu options is not a feature in Resolume though, it's also not a feature in other programs on my mac, so I'm wondering which program are you used to where this is a feature?
chq wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 19:16 Because the crazy small size of this value inside Resolume, he got nearly crazy (and i too).
If the items in the Resolume UI are too small, you could try setting the display resolution to something lower, or if on windows, change the display scaling to something bigger.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

chq
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by chq »

He2neg wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 20:51When you need to do more then just fire up coloms you didnt prepare your show good enough ;)
Yes, you are right. I ran out of time, preparing the show conscientious.

Greetz Chris