External Preview Monitor

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cue_ball
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

External Preview Monitor

Post by cue_ball »

Hey,

New here after purchasing Avenue following some playing around.

I'm actually an LED hardware tech, so content isn't something I used to get too involved with. I am now self teaching (through online training etc) having spoken to a couple of content operators that use D3/Hippo etc suggesting that Avenue would be the best place to start.

I have Avenue on my 2018 MacBook Pro which is capable of multiple 1080 HDMI outputs.

My question is this, is there a simple process to set up a master output preview monitor, a preview monitor output (to preview clips on an external monitor) and the master output?

This is essentially x3 external outputs, which the Mac can handle with ease.

I would have liked to have seen a simple tick selection in the "output" dropdown menu where you simply click which screen does what (master output, preview output and preview monitor) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I could probably set up a master output preview monitor using "advanced" and copying the master output to a second display, but there appears to be no way I can set up an external preview monitor output.

At the moment I am simply sending a single full screen output to a scaler, then to the LED wall, however in future when I am slicing and sending to multiple screens, an overall output preview of all slices on an external monitor would be useful (though not in the same scale as the master output, it would have to be scaled up so I can actually see it, rather than at the same scale as what the processor see's in the main output, which could be very small when using lots of smallish LED walls).

If anyone can help that would be amazing.

Cheers,

deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

preview out over ndi or spout

Post by deflost »

hello, like cue_ball in another post wish, it would be great to have the preview out on a seperat monitor, eg over ndi or spout.
just set in prefs that the activated preview goes to eg ndi too.
thx
r.h.
westfernsehen, leipzig

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: External Preview Monitor

Post by Zoltán »

The manual is an awesome source of info:
https://resolume.com/support/en/slice-r ... -to-slices
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: External Preview Monitor

Post by deflost »

thx, so much......
r.h.
westfernsehen, leipzig