Problem: Slice Routing Changing Whenever I Create Layer

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
jackdire
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Problem: Slice Routing Changing Whenever I Create Layer

Post by jackdire »

Hey, everyone. As the title suggests, my slice routing keeps changing every time I add or move a layer. How do I lock the slice to the layer regardless of where that layer is in the composition? Is this a bug, or is this shifting supposed to be the default?

Thanks a lot for your time,
Jack

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Problem: Slice Routing Changing Whenever I Create Layer

Post by Zoltán »

The advanced output, and layer routers (effect clips) refer to the layers with the layer index currently.
This is by design.

With the Advanced output, this gives you the flexibility of using advanced output presets with different compositions.
With the effect clips, it gives you the possibility to use decks from other compositions in your current one.

Have you seen the slice transform effect?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

jackdire
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jackdire »

Thank you very much for the reply, Zoltán.

I noticed that the indexing does not get disrupted if I add new layers above the routed layers, so I may be okay. Thank you for confirming that this behavior is intended.

I am using resolume for live projection mapping art installations with dozens of unique slices, so I know I am pushing your software a bit outside of its intended use. Still, I am surprised how little is going wrong. This program is amazing.

Thanks!
-Jack

Programfeed
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Programfeed »

jackdire wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 16:27 I am using resolume for live projection mapping art installations with dozens of unique slices, so I know I am pushing your software a bit outside of its intended use.
That's what Resolume does best!