not getting the quality video i want

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: not getting the quality video i want

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

boris.lema wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 20:18
Zoltán wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:42 Do you have the windows display scaling set to 100% for your output?
Everything is setup correctly, Resolume monitor output 4k, i see the screen in my nvidia settings, 100% scaled.
Just to be sure, you say 100% in the nvidia setting, but the display scaling is set in the windows display settings panel.
What kind of adapters/cables are you using to output from GPU? Are you sure they are capable of outputting what you want?

Second, what else do you have plugged into that PC (M2 drives/capture cards, second gpu?). That CPU is only capable of 16 PCIE lanes, which is same as video card. Anything else that uses PCIE is going to take away from the speeds/output you should be getting on card.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

@Zoltán I was talking about the @boris.lema's PC (rtx2080, etc).
If there's a fps discrepance between two screens, same gpu, is hard to think on a resolume-nvidia management issue.
If it happens to me, I would check refresh rate of each screen (then cables..)

promosa
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by promosa »

We run into this exact issue. Our solution is to always use the same resolution monitor and refresh rate as the main output (LED walls). 4K monitor for 4K LED walls, 1080 for 1080, 48hz when we are donig film shoot, etc.

Resolume seems to run on the resolution of "Display 1", whichever that is. Sometimes that can be your output and sometime it is your display.

Not sure if it is 100% reproducible or not but it happens a lot.

boris.lema
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by boris.lema »

francoe wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 01:42 If you have only one GPU, the RTX...
Isn't a strange behaviour that you move reso from one screen to another and there's a fps change?
:roll:
Im not saying the fps is changing if I move resolume to the other monitor. The work around used with laptops also works with servers desktops. But it’s no a fix because some of us use touch screens and you can’t switch touch screen settings to the second screen.... strange that windows 10 pushes full resolution on 1080p and 4K but when you open resolume and use 1080p for monitor and 4K for output the resolution sucks! Screen management options see 4K. Same framerate as monitor and 100% scaled on all screens.

Using a 4K monitor is not an option. I’m not buying another monitor for just a workaround where the issue is know. It’s not only the monitor but also the flight that comes with the price...

boris.lema

Post by boris.lema »

promosa wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 20:10 We run into this exact issue. Our solution is to always use the same resolution monitor and refresh rate as the main output (LED walls). 4K monitor for 4K LED walls, 1080 for 1080, 48hz when we are donig film shoot, etc.

Resolume seems to run on the resolution of "Display 1", whichever that is. Sometimes that can be your output and sometime it is your display.

Not sure if it is 100% reproducible or not but it happens a lot.
And what can I do if I have a 4K and 1080p resolution?
Banners of 4K and a main screen of 1080p.

Im at a point of just taking 2 servers with me because my arena 6 with 1080 is better than my 7 with 2080super...

boris.lema

Post by boris.lema »

dirtyjohn_lv wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 18:34
boris.lema wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 20:18
Zoltán wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:42 Do you have the windows display scaling set to 100% for your output?
Everything is setup correctly, Resolume monitor output 4k, i see the screen in my nvidia settings, 100% scaled.
Just to be sure, you say 100% in the nvidia setting, but the display scaling is set in the windows display settings panel.
What kind of adapters/cables are you using to output from GPU? Are you sure they are capable of outputting what you want?

Second, what else do you have plugged into that PC (M2 drives/capture cards, second gpu?). That CPU is only capable of 16 PCIE lanes, which is same as video card. Anything else that uses PCIE is going to take away from the speeds/output you should be getting on card.
Nothing else on the pcie lanes. I removed my decklink duo 2 because I thought that was the problem but it’s just the same.

M.2-1: 512Gb (system)
M.2-2: 1tb Samsung pro (content)
M.2-3: V-nand 2tb Samsung (docs and png’s)

Active displayport to hdmi adaptors.

boris.lema

Post by boris.lema »

This evening I just had a full hd output ledwall end everything went well, no workarounds needed. Nothing.
im thinking resolume 7 has problems when the monitor is a different(bigger) resolution than the output....

Im still getting the lagg thing after some time and after that a crash... don’t know if there working on a fix for that..