Recording Speed (FPS)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Recording Speed (FPS)

Post by pfelberg »

Hi to everyone.
I'm trying to record a "single" videomusic demo in Resolume.
No matter what I do, after recording, when I try to compose the recorded clip with the audio file in a video editor they just don't sync as supposed.
I realized that there's the recording settings, such the FPS speed setting.
It was set to 25 FPS. That was the problem.
But even after setting it to 30 FPS, the clip still seems to be running as 25 FPS, after recording.
Is this a known bug? What am I missing.

thanks in advance,

pfelberg

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

if your hardware (hard drives, cpu etc...) cant keep up with the recording it will drop frames, making it play faster then realtime.

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

I'm running resolume on a Pentium 4 1.8ghz with 1GB RAM. I know this is not the top system, but I thought that could be enough.
I did peform a test with a light single flash file. The recording settings were set to record a 10 sec movie at 30fps.
Movie properties says that the movie was recorded at 30fps, but there's only 9 secs recorded.
I can't believe this. A single and light flash file -320x240 pixels and resolume dropped out almost a second?
I never had this problem with other softwares running on the same system.

clues?

tks

pfelberg

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I know exactly what you mean, tryed this myself andf had the same problems with a stronger computer. Resolume will always give priority to the displayed video, i assume the record function is not meant to record your show exacly how it was but rather to record a smal bit and be able to use it in real time. After all resolume is a real time performance tool not a editing softwere.

Your best option is to record to a DV camera or capture the output to a second computer.

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

Yes, I have already thought about this as a solution.
Tks

pfelberg

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

If you really want to get the live capture totally perfect perfect I think you'll need a separate, fast drive to just to record to, no matter how fast your processor due to the amount of data transferred. Not sure but I'd imagine anyway. Maybe try 25fps clips too.

S-video to DV-cam is fine for recording mixes though.