I have this thing with A7....

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Menno
Team Resolume

Re: I have this thing with A7....

Post by Menno »

Thanks Boris! That really narrows down the amount of code that needs to be scrutinized.
I'll see what i can find and let you know if i need more help :)

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Good to see this is still up and running, although I have a very quiet month I did had the stuttering 1,5 week ago working the the weekend on 2 gala nights, the first wasn't so much a problem, but the second, the Sunday was.
Now I abuse arena pretty good, 14 layers, audio, chaser, tiler everything, but this was straight on video instarts without VJ'ing, using only the top 4 layers for this.
Al clips normal DXV, 2 with audio, converted with uncompressed PCM in the clip.
I had rehearsals with no problem, did a restart of Arena just to be sure, evening started 19:30 according to schedule and about 2-2,5hrs later I needed to restart as I could see clips beginning to stutter, it starts subtle, just little glitches on the timeline of the clip but gets worse and worse and as I had normal video clips of price winners, stuttering was not an option, so in collaboration with the director they switched to live cam, while I was restarting arena and within 2 mins I was back and the problem was gone.
Arena 7.1.0 rev 67353
Nvidia driver 441.66 drivertype standard

Thanks for working on this team!

boris.lema

Post by boris.lema »

Yuckfou157 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 21:25 Good to see this is still up and running, although I have a very quiet month I did had the stuttering 1,5 week ago working the the weekend on 2 gala nights, the first wasn't so much a problem, but the second, the Sunday was.
Now I abuse arena pretty good, 14 layers, audio, chaser, tiler everything, but this was straight on video instarts without VJ'ing, using only the top 4 layers for this.
Al clips normal DXV, 2 with audio, converted with uncompressed PCM in the clip.
I had rehearsals with no problem, did a restart of Arena just to be sure, evening started 19:30 according to schedule and about 2-2,5hrs later I needed to restart as I could see clips beginning to stutter, it starts subtle, just little glitches on the timeline of the clip but gets worse and worse and as I had normal video clips of price winners, stuttering was not an option, so in collaboration with the director they switched to live cam, while I was restarting arena and within 2 mins I was back and the problem was gone.
Arena 7.1.0 rev 67353
Nvidia driver 441.66 drivertype standard

Thanks for working on this team!
Waaw, I would not run a show when I know there will be a crash or stutters. But great work on your part! If you see it coming and you have the possibility to solve it, nice! I know if this problem isn’t solved untill this summer the hole festival season will be on r6.
If we all help and remember to report the crashes and what was done just before the crash I hope this bug will be out soon!

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

MBP here, no nvidia.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Yeah, me too. Resolume Arena 7.0.5

Windows 10, Nvidia 1080GTX card.

Long running installation, one 3960 x 1200 background clip, and up to 16 792 x 1200 foreground clips, all DXV or HAP.

Noticed that after 4-5 hours there would start to be a frame drop every couple of seconds, and then about an hour after that Resolume would crash to a black output.

Started preemptively restarting every 5 hours and didn't have issues, but still would not want to leave it unattended.

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

So we're 1,5 month since I started this thread and still I'm not wiser then "it's a conflict between Resolume and Nvidia drivers" and that;s it, yeah and the tip to restart Arena once in a while in a night...
Is there any progress in the investigation of this bug? Any thing a little clearer since then? Or is it al just some faint grayish area where no one knows what is happening or what needs to be done about it? :|

kepelepe
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by kepelepe »

Yuckfou157 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 15:42 So we're 1,5 month since I started this thread and still I'm not wiser then "it's a conflict between Resolume and Nvidia drivers" and that;s it, yeah and the tip to restart Arena once in a while in a night...
Is there any progress in the investigation of this bug? Any thing a little clearer since then? Or is it al just some faint grayish area where no one knows what is happening or what needs to be done about it? :|
I would really like to have an update on this problem aswell. I updated my resolume from 6 to 7 in november and havent had yet a chance to use it in live, random crashes but more importantly this stuttering is a big thing for me, restarting the program in the middle of show is not an option for me. I really hope there will be some kind of compensation for early adopters as currently I have paid over 2 months for nothing

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

I'm currently still investigating what the cause of the problem is :(
I've been running tests on several machines simultaneously to try and narrow it down, but the fewer things i make arena do, the longer it takes for the issue to appear. I've found out that making arena not do anything at all at 15x speed already causes an issue after 1,5 days. Having to run tests that take this long really slows down progress, but solving this is priority #1 for me so i'm just working on it until i've got a fix.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Yeah, so, for now we'd recommend to stick with v6 for long running shows, or restart v7 when you start to see the stuttering appear.
This 'only' affects windows machines with nvidia GPU-s as far as we know, so if you're on mac, or using AMD, you should be good.

If you need to do long shows, and don't have v6 (but own 7), please get in touch with us on mail@resolume.com with your log file.
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Menno wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:25 I'm currently still investigating what the cause of the problem is :(
I've been running tests on several machines simultaneously to try and narrow it down, but the fewer things i make arena do, the longer it takes for the issue to appear. I've found out that making arena not do anything at all at 15x speed already causes an issue after 1,5 days. Having to run tests that take this long really slows down progress, but solving this is priority #1 for me so i'm just working on it until i've got a fix.
Try running 10 layers/120+columns on autopilot/random with several opacity sliders halfway up, everything on BPM sync and start a longer clip with audio set to timeline after 3-4hours, when I do that, sure thing the clip stutters, so it speeds up your process ;)