DXV 3 codec on 3,58 f/s?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Bobvandeveen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

DXV 3 codec on 3,58 f/s?

Post by Bobvandeveen »

Hi there!

When i render my clips in After Effects, with the DXV 3 codec (high+alpha), the renderd clip has been renderd at 3,58 f/s, instead of the 29,97 f/s of the composition. If i render my clips in the same composition with the losless+alpha it is at 29,97 f/s.
Does anyone else had this problem before? Or does any of you guys have a solution?
Thanks anyway!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: DXV 3 codec on 3,58 f/s?

Post by Zoltán »

Which AE version, and which Resolume version do you have installed on the machine?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

maspencenk

Post by maspencenk »

I also experienced it. My solution is don't render DXV3 directly from the after effect, but render first to ProRes or HAP, then render again using Alley to get DXV3. This is wasting time maybe.
But this also avoids delays when playing clips with audio on resolume that often occurs in long duration clips with various fps footage.

judicator

Post by judicator »

Same there! Tryin to using Resolume Alley and Adobe After Effects (nothing matter what version) for encoding video, but result everytime same (got problem with fps and long duration).
BUT! If i will using MPEG Streamclip (which encode only on CPU) for same file i got good video on finish. Really strange!
So problem in GPU rendering.

P.S. Problem is gone if i change fps in Adobe After Effects composition file from 29.97 to 30. But its uncomfortably, because i cant change fps in Resolume Alley.

Resolume Arena 7.1.0 rev67353
Resolume Alley 2.1.6 rev7029
Windows 10 Home 1909, ASUS GM501GS (GeForce GTX 1070)

judicator

Post by judicator »

Team Resolume? 🤔

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

We're working on this for the next release.
Meanwhile, try rendering your content from AE to an alternative format, and get Alley 2.1.5 from the bottom of our download page, and use that to convert your file to DXV.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu