help! process and output res 4 gig 2moro!

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
realtime
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

help! process and output res 4 gig 2moro!

Post by realtime »

hi there

can anyone help me?
im relatively new to using resolume, and have a gig 2moro.
what process and output resolutions should i set in the dual monitor screen setup?

approx 15m throw distance from projector to screen. dont know specs on projector but somewhere from 800x600 to 1024x768. 5m screen size. front projection in dark room.

all my clips are to cinepak avi specs, and im making 2 batches to trial - 640x480 and 400x300. im a resolution freak so even these resolutions hurt to use!

so i was going to set process resolution to the resolution of clips themselves, and output res. to match projector. however a friend told me to set both to 800x600 and use resolume to do the scaling. apart from trial and error, what do u think?

using v.2.3 with toshiba satellite M40. 2Ghz pentium M, 1 gig RAM, nvidia geforce go6600 graphics card with 128mb RAM. all decks will be filled with clips. wont be using effects generators much.

thanks!!!

VJ555
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VJ555 »

i use exactly same laptop spec. all my stuff is also in cinepac avi. my projector is 800x600 so all clips either that or 400x300. anything else tends to give pixellation due to scaling %ages. i tend to run output res and process at 400x300. works great.

good luck
al

realtime
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

re:resolutions

Post by realtime »

hey thanks heaps for that!

i think therefore i should set both process and output res. to 640 x480, as my clips are that size. (?)

i know you said it works fine, but do u often/ever crash with those resolutions and clip sizes?

id really like to try and avoid crashing it as much as possible this time!