Problem when using 2 outputs to one image

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Ladin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Problem when using 2 outputs to one image

Post by Ladin »

cosmowe wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 20:24 Hey man,
Maybe OBS or any other kind of software?
It is not a software thing in your case... the GTX 1070ti nor the GTX 1060 6G are simply not capable of framesyncing their outputs. So no other software could achieve what you are searching for.

May be if I do some sittings on the Nvidia software can resolve it?
Also... Can I control the Sync (as you mentioned) on my GPU card?
Like I said... your hardware cannot framesync. So no software tweaking will help you.

What about renting a FX4? should not be very expensive.

Best wishes
Not true man.

Two days ago tested.

One Geforce, two outputs in nVidia surround mode (one screen 3840*1080), two same LED cards (vx6s controllers) one wide LED wall splitted on two halves.
With synced vx6s on incoming signal, there were no vertical tearing. Without syncing - problem.

I don´t think that there is a problem with syncing of physical outputs, but how the frames are generated. I didn´t tested it with the same setup yet, but if I can remember, without nVidia surrround, with two separated outs (so Resolume was generating frames for two outputs) there were visible tearing aswell.. But I can´t remeber, if LED cards were in sync, or not:-/
I´ll test it nextime..

But yeah, with two Novastar VX6s, synced on DVI incoming signal, two outputs in nVidia surround mode there is no problem with sync, no artefacts, no vertical tearing, no problem.

Cheers..

L.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

LADIN: One Geforce, two outputs in nVidia surround mode (one screen 3840*1080), two same LED cards (vx6s controllers) one wide LED wall splitted on two halves.
With synced vx6s on incoming signal, there were no vertical tearing. Without syncing - problem
Hi Ladin,
did your LED wall had a physical gap, so you had a left and a right side? Or did you had a hard edge setup without any gaps?
MOHA: The problem on the led screen is : line between the parts of the two displays
Different speed or different bright, something like that, but I can't understand how to resolve it
We are not talking about a vsync issue here.

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

moha20106
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by moha20106 »

cosmowe wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 17:07 Hey moha20106,
what you are discovering is a sync issue. The physical outputs of your graphic card are not pushing out their frames in sync (noticeable in content with fast motion). This is..so sad it is... normal behaviour. This is not fixable via software. Your configuration might work (not perfect) with a softedge projection.... but never with a hardeged-one-image led wall.

There are two thinks you could do if you want to keep doing it with Resolume. One way is expensive...and the other way sadly even more expensive.

Get a Datapath Fx4. Feed it with only one 4K signal. It will split the 4K input into 4 seperate individual outputs which are synced.

Rent it.. or buy one 1300-1600€

Get a graphic card with synced outputs or a card with the feature to use a separate sync card.
https://www.nvidia.com/de-de/design-vis ... adro-sync/

Price will be somewhere between 2000-4000€

I have to say, I've never tried a synccard configuration with Resolume. I've done some jobs with a FX4... here I can say: approved!

Good luck!
Sorry dear for interrupting you
Do you thinking that the FX4 will fix the frame syncing problem with hard-edged Led screen?
Is it working with no tearing ?
Thank you again