Delay on clicks related to transition time

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Delay on clicks related to transition time

Post by Grimm90 »

Hi,

Maybe this belongs to the general 'stutter & crash' issue of Arena 7, but i've had this for months, finally found time to record it.

If i put the layer transition timer up, and i click a clip, the transition will start but as long as it's going on, the selected clip will not be active (no green box around, not in the 'active' column at the left) and resolume hangs (only UI, output keeps steady).

This lag lasts as long as the transition slider is set to.
If it's set to 10sec and i click on a new clip , 10 seconds long it seems like nothing is happening (i can see the clip fade it in my output) until it's ready with the transition, bam , the clip appears active and resolume continues.

For the period of this lag lasts, the BPM 4 beat icon is locked, and whatever i click , for example in another layer, will get activated when the transition is ready.

Now today i found the exact same issue on my friends laptop, also with Arena7 .
Restarting Arena / Reboot of laptop, issue is there. Outputs connected or not , issue is there.

We both got very similar MSI's with a GTX1070, i just checked it and i got the same issue on my desktop.
Both laptops completely up to date windows10 , all drivers up to date, latest studio drivers from nvidia.

Hopefully it's something that can be solved quickly, it's horribly annoying and one of the main reasons i keep going back to Arena 6 :(

phpBB [video]

Grimm90

Re: Delay on clicks related to transition time

Post by Grimm90 »

Maybe related maybe not, if i right click on a layer, "Insert Above/Below" , the new layer doesn't appear until i click on another layer.

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

Discovered it's virtually impossible to tap bpm with this lag as "taps" will get missed during these lags and the bpm goes to 500, making arena 7 in this shape still not usable for us.

I'll have to go back to resolume 6 again, this is just not workable at all, same issue on 3 machines.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Can you please contact us via the feedback tab in Preferences with your log file?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu