Newbie help

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
JeffT
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Newbie help

Post by JeffT »

Hi all,

I am having some issues with setting up using the advanced settings - yeah I know, in at the deep end.

It is an existing system with three zones using LED panels.

I have set up 3x slices and everything looks good in the output monitor. When I assign my screen in Advanced Output to my extended screen (Display 2), I get no output on the panels.

If I choose my output as Display 2 instead of advanced I get an output on to the panels - so I'm thinking I've missed a setting somewhere.

Any ideas?

JeffT

Re: Newbie help

Post by JeffT »

Update - I managed to figure it out and now have individual outputs to each zone.

One zone is a band of around twenty 16x32 panels which are split into 3x slides, but show as five sections.
Is there any way to get all of these panels to work as one?

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

It will help if you post screenshots of your advanced output (in and output) as well as a picture of your physical output (led panels)

and as well you can draw the signal flow from your machine to the led prozessor(s) (and the settings of them)

without its hard to help...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

JeffT

Post by JeffT »

Thanks for the reply.

I have resolved my initial problem - finding the LED driver card settings has given me the exact panel sizes and XY positions. Everything is now looking good.

However, I still have an issue with the output on two of the panels.

I've been trying to work this out for myself and I think it is down to how the LED driver card was initially set up.
There are two LED panels which are both physically 16x640 each. The card settings show them as a 32x320 and a 64x320. So, presumably this is why the physical output looks like four panels of 16x320.

I want it to show as two panels of 16x640. So, is it simply a case of just changing the card settings or is there a reason that it was originally set up like this?

Also, is there a way of setting up a "send to all" layer that overrides all existing layers and then returns them back again - like a mask?

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

All your question should be anwserd inside the led prozessor technical dcs
Resolum only can see what this hardware is doing or is setting up. So there is no direct edid comunicatin between the panel and the gpu...

to the last question:

I think the only thing work like this is the internal Testpattern of resolum. You ll find this inside the "output" menu.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~