Resolume 7.1.1 crossfader blend issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
UON
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Resolume 7.1.1 crossfader blend issue

Post by UON »

This update broke something, I have all my background as A clips, and all my foreground objects (with alpha) as B. I would move the slider all the way to B to fade in my foreground clips with the background still running, but now moving the slider to B fades the background to black. I can't get the foreground fully at 100% opacity without blocking the background now, and I've tried changing the crossfader blend modes. I'm still new at this but I just want to add effects to foreground and background clips separately with both of them going at max opacity!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Resolume 7.1.1 crossfader blend issue

Post by Zoltán »

Moved to separate thread ;)

Moving the crossfader all the way to B, should fade out A layers completely, so what you describe sounds like the correct behavior to me.

Could you please make a screen recording of this, so we can see your layer setup and what goes on?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

UON
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by UON »

phpBB [video]

See how the background is still there, and the foreground is at 100% opacity with cloner effects? With this new version of resolume I cant do that anymore, the background is either black, or if I move the slider the foreground blends with the background using whatever blend mode I have.

I just want the foreground layers with alpha at 100% opacity with their own sets of effects, and have the background layers going with separate effects. I use layer routers for the effects, the background layer router effects affect the clips on A and the foreground effect layer routers affect B.

Is there any other way to do this?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like a complex setup, please attach your composition, and describe which clips you play together that behaves different in 7.1.0 than 7.1.1, so we can take a look!
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu