Advanced input/output not using whole numbers

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Elusid
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Advanced input/output not using whole numbers

Post by Elusid »

I'm having a bizarre issue. I have multiple LED video screens split up over a single 4k processor. This particular processor splits the 4k image into 4 independent adjustable quadrants. I have them set to 4x 1920x1080 screens in the 4 quadrants of a 4k image so all my mapping is done in software.

I can not for the life of me get Resolume to do whole numbers.

For instance, I take a single slice that's 1874x208px, type in to rotate it 90deg and it automatically changes the value to something crazy like "89.99848" which then throws off everything else. My x, y, top, left, height and width all get skewed. I try to fix one, the others get jacked.

For a lot of things that's "close enough" but these screens stretch 50-70' and that very very small amount skews the image 1-2 pixels and spills on the other panels.

This happens in both my advanced output and input. Why is it so difficult to make a rectangle and rotate it 90 degrees? I'm not dealing with anything crazy here.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Advanced input/output not using whole numbers

Post by Zoltán »

Yeah, this happens because of the complex math involved calculating the slice boundaries when rotating.
I've made a ticket for this, maybe we can come up with an exception for 90degrees and such.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu