Stereo Mix, SHOULD IT WORK!?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ST3H
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Stereo Mix, SHOULD IT WORK!?

Post by ST3H »

I'm guessing after hours of trying to get stereo mix to work, it just does not work. The signal does come through to resolume but only visually in a waveform. With no mutes on and all volumes max there is just no sound at all from stereo mix. Is this a bug, should this be working? Anyone?

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Stereo Mix, SHOULD IT WORK!?

Post by He2neg »

What do you want this audio to do? Audioreactiv effects?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

ST3H
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ST3H »

Well I can get the visuals to sync with my external FFT audio perfectly (audio outside of resolume), but when I record from within resolume it doesn't record the sound. Is there a way to record external audio within resolume?

Someone on here posted this in 2009 from version 3 "Resolume does not record external audio, so the input used for FFT won't be recorded. But if you play audio and video from within Resolume both will be recorded."

Has this been fixed? Even with stereo mix selected I can't get resolume to record external audio

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Audio input into the composition for playback and recording is not supported in Resolume currently.
I'd recommend using an external recording solution like OBS, which can record your video output and the audio input at the same time. Have a look at this video https://resolume.com/support/en/streaming for the setup. Then all you need is hit record.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

my guess is that its not a bug and there is no need to fix ;)

The internal record function of resolum only record the audio internal played inside resolum and not the external audio you can use for fft.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~