Inconsistent video output between computers

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Elusid
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Inconsistent video output between computers

Post by Elusid »

I'm having an issue that is driving me up the wall.

I am having issues with sections of my video map spilling onto other panels / blending. At first, I thought it was something I didn't configure properly with the sending cards or processor. Today, I loaded the exact same file on my laptop plugged into the processor and my issue went away. I switched back to the desktop I built to run our setup, and the issue came back.

The desktop has a 2080 RTX and my laptop has a 1080 GTX.

Desktop has 7.1.2 registered

Laptop is running 7.1.1 demo

Output: DisplayPort (3840x2160)

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I am now positive it's configured correctly since it works flawlessly off my laptop without changing any settings on the processor or sending cards.
Look at the red sliver on the left edge. That isn't there when I switch computers.
Look at the red sliver on the left edge. That isn't there when I switch computers.
You can see the red from another section spill onto this 1px as well.
You can see the red from another section spill onto this 1px as well.
This is my map. I've redone this several times. It's definitely right. Works perfectly when loaded onto my laptop.
This is my map. I've redone this several times. It's definitely right. Works perfectly when loaded onto my laptop.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Inconsistent video output between computers

Post by He2neg »

Mhmm....

Did you check the Windows scaling of the output? (100% should be.)
Maybe also the nvidia under / overscan (but thats unlikly)

After that i would think about drivers and maybe even differents in the power supply of the both machines?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~