Slices

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
BanaRama94
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Slices

Post by BanaRama94 »

Hello everybody,

I have a 128 x 512 pixel LED wall. I divided it into 8 slices 64 x 64 pixels.
my question, can i control these slices individually via grandma?
My only idea is to create a layer for each slice, is there an easier way?

thank you for your answers.

Snoxxx
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Slices

Post by Snoxxx »

Hello,
Yes Sure, you can use Slice Transform in layer for select slice by layer. (check différent mode and drop slice inside)
You can use layer for media full screen, oder layer for same media in all slice, layer for fx, etc..
And if you want control like dimmer your slice you can create 8 layer on top number with just black sceen "color solid", Slice transform mask, and you affect DMX artnet to layer fader video, in your GMA you have a inverted dimmer, you can switch the cuve in GMA for have fader bottom black and up video layer.

tauromesa
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by tauromesa »

Snoxxx wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 02:43 Hello,
Yes Sure, you can use Slice Transform in layer for select slice by layer. (check différent mode and drop slice inside)
You can use layer for media full screen, oder layer for same media in all slice, layer for fx, etc..
And if you want control like dimmer your slice you can create 8 layer on top number with just black sceen "color solid", Slice transform mask, and you affect DMX artnet to layer fader video, in your GMA you have a inverted dimmer, you can switch the cuve in GMA for have fader bottom black and up video layer.
Thank you for the input, regarding the topic, would this affect the performance negatively due to the ammount of layers in terms of a stream for example?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

More layers and effects will always come with a performance hit. How much, depends on the machine you use. I'd recommend just trying it yourself.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu