Quadro GPU low FPS

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VinicDiet
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Quadro GPU low FPS

Post by VinicDiet »

Hello everybody...

I am testing a setup with Quadro GPUs to see if it get more stable about signal for the projectors.

It really seems to be more stable about this matter but I am having an issue about FPS.

I am using a setup with 3 GPUs Quadro P2200 with 10 projectors and one control monitor.

Using only one layer with a DXV3 movie 16110x1010p 60fps.

Having a FPS of 35-40 only. It was running perfect with 3 GeForces 1060 at 60FPS.

Is there anything I should change in settings to have a best FPS. It makes no sense this low fps.

By the way, I have tried a lot of different settings in 3D application settings at Nvidia control panel. And Energy Mode is sett to Preferred Maximum Performance.

Any idea about this issue?

Thank you very much...

VinicDiet

Re: Quadro GPU low FPS

Post by VinicDiet »

One more information...

If I took out cables from projector 7 and 8... it goes to 80 FPS...

What should be happen?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

It sounds like you computer is polling all your connected projectors via an edid table and sees that one of the connected devices has a refresh rate that low and it is setting your vysnc options to match the weakest link in you chain. Can you confirm that all of the connected devices has a refresh rate of 50hz or higher (60hz for north america).

What resolutions are your projectors? 1080p?

It might be worth trying to connect a few FX4's to your quadros and remove an entire card from your system.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

What version of Resolume are you on?

If it's an earlier version, have you seen this document:
https://resolume.com/support/en/optimus-workaround

VinicDiet

Post by VinicDiet »

Arvol wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 14:52 It sounds like you computer is polling all your connected projectors via an edid table and sees that one of the connected devices has a refresh rate that low and it is setting your vysnc options to match the weakest link in you chain. Can you confirm that all of the connected devices has a refresh rate of 50hz or higher (60hz for north america).

What resolutions are your projectors? 1080p?

It might be worth trying to connect a few FX4's to your quadros and remove an entire card from your system.
Hello Arvol,

Yes, all projectors are 60Hz. Something is crazy, sometimes it's 70FPS, sometimes it's 40FPS.

I really don't understand what's going on.

With Geforce it goes 60FPS no problem. With Quadro that's should be much better I can't fell safe about performance.

VinicDiet

Post by VinicDiet »

Arvol wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 15:33 What version of Resolume are you on?

If it's an earlier version, have you seen this document:
https://resolume.com/support/en/optimus-workaround
Arena 6...

I installed the software you advised. above but nothing changes...

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

VinicDiet wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 21:45 With Quadro that's should be much better I can't fell safe about performance.
Not necessarily, the Quadros are compute cards.
The 1060 is more powerful than the P2200 https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/comp ... 4133vs3548
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by massta »

Any luck with this? We only use Quadro cards because of longevity in permanent installations.
Trying to figure out how to get Resolume to run faster with no stutters.

With Resolume set to 60fps and displays all set to 60Hz, it is butter smoother but every now and then, it stutters. And after it stutters once, it happens more frequent.

Right now 50fps and 50Hz seems to be more stable. My actual FPS is 42-44 when Monitor View is on.
I'm thinking of overclocking the CPU to see if that helps. Using Quadro P5000, NVMe M.2 EVO 970. i7 3.6Ghz which can boost to 5Ghz.

Edit:
Have x3 layers: 3476x1200 1200x1920, 1200x1920
Each layer has a single DXV movie ranging from 20-42GB. Composition is 3476x1920. Outputs: 3840x2400(Fx4), 1920x1200(projector) 1920x1080(KVM)

I can't figure this out.
Last edited by massta on Mon Feb 15, 2021 15:06, edited 3 times in total.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I wouldn't say longevity would be why I would use a Quadro card. You're going to get the same longevity out of the Geforce cards these days.
The ONLY reason I would use a Quadro card is to gain the access to sync'd output ports. If you don't need that, Stay away from the Quadro cards. Your hair and bank account will thank you for it.
Do you need sync'd outputs (For massive LED walls or Projectors making up a large canvas) to prevent screen tearing?

Overclocking your CPU will do nothing in terms of Resolume performance.

My general rule of thumb for using Quadro cards would be this: Whatever Geforce card I'm use to using to get me the results I need (in terms of memory per GPU) almost double that for the same performance of a Quadro card.

The Composition you listed seems like it will run just fine on that GPU. What is your composition size? Do you need a preview monitor for Resolume, or can you take your largest output canvas size (Looks like it's 3840x2400 from what you listed) and make that your composition size, and then just have all of your content play on top of each other, then in Advanced output assign a single layer as the input source of each Screen (So Layer 1 goes to an output, and Layer 2 goes to a different output).

You should be within spec's to run that with no issue unless you got some massive composition size and a TON of fx going on.

Is there audio on these DXV clips? The problem honestly sounds more like it's on the file than the system.
I've had a few friends have issue with their 8K files, and they spent weeks troubleshooting hardware, only to find out it was an encoding issue with Adobe. Might be a similar situation??

massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by massta »

Arvol wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 03:58 Do you need sync'd outputs (For massive LED walls or Projectors making up a large canvas) to prevent screen tearing?
— Yes, one of the art sculptures is using x2 projectors.
The Composition you listed seems like it will run just fine on that GPU. What is your composition size?

—- Its actually 3476x1920
Do you need a preview monitor for Resolume, or can you take your largest output canvas size (Looks like it's 3840x2400 from what you listed) and make that your composition size, and then just have all of your content play on top of each other, then in Advanced output assign a single layer as the input source of each Screen (So Layer 1 goes to an output, and Layer 2 goes to a different output).
—- I’m am doing this. I also turned off the preview monitor and a lot of other Resolume windows in hopes of increasing performance. Would it help to go remove the KVM as well?
You should be within spec's to run that with no issue unless you got some massive composition size and a TON of fx going on.
—- Just a few effect. Scale, Brightness/contrast on one of the 1200x1920 layers.
Is there audio on these DXV clips? The problem honestly sounds more like it's on the file than the system.
— Audio is on its own layer. I’ve removed the layer for testing with the RTX 4000 and still stuttered. Fine with P5000 card.
I've had a few friends have issue with their 8K files, and they spent weeks troubleshooting hardware, only to find out it was an encoding issue with Adobe. Might be a similar situation??
—- Tell me more, haha. Don’t see many options when rendering DXV. Also, thought I could save audio as DXV. Is that possible and should I?
[/quote]

Thanks for your help!