Display indexes in Advanced Output change after restarting Windows 10

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Enrique E.
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Display indexes in Advanced Output change after restarting Windows 10

Post by Enrique E. »

Hello all!
I working in an installation with 4 projectors and an extra service terminal for a permanent installation. But sometimes, randomly, the display configuration changes when restarting the computer.

All the displays are connected to a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 graphic card, and wake up on signal when the computer is switched on.

I know that for the indexes of multiplay displays, Resolume uses the information from the OS, in this case Windows 10. I would need to save the display configuration based on the physical outputs of the graphic card, not on the sequence of display connection to the system.

I'm executing Resolume Arena from a Python script so maybe a process with a system command to get output information and update the .xml of the Advanced Output of Resolume could fix the random index issue.

Also to reduce the complexity, for the permanent installation I'll disconnect the service monitor, to dial with less displays, and do the adjustments and maintenance with tight

Any idea on random multiple displays indexes when restarting a Windows computer?
Thanks in advance

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Display indexes in Advanced Output change after restarting Windows 10

Post by Zoltán »

You'd need EDID managers, like mentioned in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17969
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu