Audio playback problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Petr
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Audio playback problem

Post by Petr »

Good afternoon colleagues! Sorry in advance for the machine translation.
I don't work with Resolume Arena 7 for a long time, I don't have much experience. Periodically, there is a problem with audio playback. The video turns on clearly, without delays, and the sound is sometimes two to three seconds late, i.e. synchronization with the video is not broken, but 2-3 seconds. you can't hear the beginning of the audio track. The files are all encoded via Alley 1024x768 60 frames. Sound, tried different options. Encoded together with the video in Allley, now separately via media encoder. different files, audio and video. Everything is in one folder. We use one output of the video card to the projector, the second to the monitor, i.e. the configuration is simple, and should not load the system. Everything is licensed. On another computer, there is a trial version, and the same periodic sound loss. I ask more experienced colleagues to help me solve the problem.
Configuration of the primary computer
Processor CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (YD2700B) 3.2 GHz/8core/4+16Mb/65W Socket AM4
Motherboard GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M (RTL) AM4 <B450> 2xPCI-E DVI+HDMI GbLAN SATA RAID microATX 4DDR4
Kingston HyperX Fury DIMM 16GB PC4-25600 Memory Module 1 pc (HX432C16FB3A / 16)
Graphics Card 8Gb < PCI-E> GDDR6 GIGABYTE GV-N2070AORUS X-8GC (RTL) 3xHDMI+3xDP+USB-C <GeForce RTX2070>
The SSD 1 Tb M. 2 2280 M Samsung 970 EVO Plus <MZ-V7S1T0BW> (RTL) V-NAND 3bit-MLC
Hard disk drive HDD 2 Tb SATA 6Gb/s Seagate Barracuda <ST2000DM008> 3.5" 7200rpm 256Mb
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit OEM Operating System
Microsoft Office 2013 SOFTWARE
Kaspersky Internet Security Antivirus

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Audio playback problem

Post by Zoltán »

This is a weird one. We're working on it. (#14243)

Doesn't seem to want to happen on out machines so often, so pretty hard to troubleshoot.
Do you see anything special happening on the machines, at the time of the dropout?

What kind of sound cards do you have and which driver version?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Hans_A

Post by Hans_A »

Hi

I'm having the same issue. Setup is a little bit more complicated, but the problem description is exactly the same.

Audio is output over dante with an AVIO USB->ethernet adapter. First we took the Directsound driver in the preferences window, but that gave a huge delay in the audio/video sync. So switched to Windows audio driver. This was ok sync wise, but then we started noticing this other issue. It's not clip depending, because 4 out of 5 times, it starts correctly, but the 5th time , you have no sound in the first few seconds.

De dante adapter was not selectable under the ASIO driver.
Files are recoded MP4's to DXV HQ with media encoder.
System is just for playback with 2 layers on 3x 1080p50 outputs (cut&fill and a background). No performance issues or frame drops, system is powerfull enough for this with its RTX4000.

We have now put an old school minijack, DI and some XLR to the audio desk and will see if this improves things.

Hans_A

Post by Hans_A »

On analog audio output the same issue. I switched back to resolume 6 and all is well. :|

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Can you try converting the audio and video to separate files, and then join them in Resolume?
You can join them by dropping the video to an empty clip slot, and dropping the audio to the same clip.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Hans_A

Post by Hans_A »

Hi Zoltan

Good for a temporary workaround maybe. I'm not on that show or hardware anymore, so can't test it. But this needs fixing. It's the second time I experienced this bug, the other one was 4 or 5 months ago on other system, so I don't suspect hardware is the issue.

wilmerfx

Post by wilmerfx »

hi any update on this issue

veselyiveter

Post by veselyiveter »

Same problem through all 7 series. Fresh Windows 11, licensed arena 7.7, ryzen 5900, 32 3600 ram, 2080ti, gen4 m2, newest drivers. Big corporate project, over 200 videos with soun, 600gb DXV. Issue poping up constantly, without any system

Roy

Post by Roy »

I've been having the same problem.
I have two machines both on 7.7
I have audio lag on one machine and not the other.
Video plays fine in VLC on the machine with the lag.

Been through all the settings, nothing is different.

Only thing that differs is machine with the lag doesn't not playback when a windows audio device is selected.
I have to use direct sound..
Don't know if this is part of the problem.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Audio drivers up to date on both machines?