OSC out behaves weirdly. (Resolume to MagicQ)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
paralion
Is taking Resolume on a second date

OSC out behaves weirdly. (Resolume to MagicQ)

Post by paralion »

Ok, so I am sending OSC out to a MagicQ Light Control board.

In general, this works ok, and I LOVE the fact that this possible! But some weird stuff is happening.
1. Sometimes I need to trigger on the Preview, sometimes on the regular "slot" to trigger the Light cue.
2. When change the DECK, it triggers the last light cue AGAIN. (this is really bad, as the only workaround would be to use just 1 scene.
3. Resolume seems to "deactivate" the MagicQ Playlist once I Change DECKS.
4. I wanted to trigger a Fader on magicQ, but the necessary Parameter needs a " " blank space, and OSC out on resolume doesnt alow blank spaces. (correct parameter would: /pb/1 0.5 for 50% Light)

Any idea anyone on how to solve any of those problems?
Desktop: Ryzen 9, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 2070S
4 x 4k Screens. One 4k monitor extra for Resolume Interface.
Laptop: Intel 7700, 32GB, Nvidea 1060, 2xNVME

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: OSC out behaves weirdly. (Resolume to MagicQ)

Post by Arvol »

1:
/composition/layers/*/clips/*/select
/composition/selectedclip/select
will output upon clicking the preview.

/composition/layers/*/clips/*/connect
/composition/selectedclip/connect
will output upon launching/connecting the clip.

* are wildcards, use whatever layer and clip number you like.

2:
Changing Decks sends out a burst of info as when you change decks, whatever clips are in certain slots are now different. So for other elements to update, those values need to be pushed out. What happens if you make certain clips "persistent" that might prevent this from happening? No promises.

3:
Seem related to issue #2.
Do you have to use decks? I stopped using decks about 2 years ago as I prefer a very large surface of options to work with with the UI side scroll mapped to a MIDI controller. Might be worth checking out, as it seems Decks are your problem here.

4:
OSC doesn't support spaces unless you're sending a OSC String using "". I've tested this on 3 different programs. Even if you send a space the listening programs automatically convert spaces to /
This sounds like poor design on MagicQ's end. You might ask them to confirm this or see if they can change this.
What happens if you send a float value to /pb/1 ? What does that do? Sliders should accept float values, can you not rename the OSC channels in MagicQ to something custom?