Show Automation via OSC (ShowKontrol, QLab, SCS, Clip Connect)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
sergioherculanomusic
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Show Automation via OSC (ShowKontrol, QLab, SCS, Clip Connect)

Post by sergioherculanomusic »

Dear All,

I am DJ and I want to automate Resolume for my livestreams and gigs, the idea is to use timecode.

I have 2 questions regarding automation experiences using tools such as ShowKontrol, QLab, Show Cue System, Clip Connect or any other similar tools that we can automate Resolume to achieve results like this video https://vimeo.com/331869833

I am I am thinking to use this tools to achieve automation like this using OSC, I would like to listen the colleagues that used this approach about their experiences, how much time requires in preparation, results and problems they faced, the main question is if worth or not this approach ?

Secon question is about Pixelclone Clip Connet https://pixelclone.com/software/applica ... nnect.html, is anyome here using it that can share their experience as well ?

All comments and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Sérgio

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Show Automation via OSC (ShowKontrol, QLab, SCS, Clip Connect)

Post by Arvol »

Yup, apps like these work great. I've built my own version of this as has well has Zoltan on the forums. It's pretty straight forward. You set a target time for a trigger to occur and then add in a OSC address with a value for what you want it to send out when that trigger happens. The time it takes depends on how many triggers you want to use. I say it takes about 30 sec to a min to setup a trigger.

sergioherculanomusic

Arvol wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 14:39 Yup, apps like these work great. I've built my own version of this as has well has Zoltan on the forums. It's pretty straight forward. You set a target time for a trigger to occur and then add in a OSC address with a value for what you want it to send out when that trigger happens. The time it takes depends on how many triggers you want to use. I say it takes about 30 sec to a min to setup a trigger.
Thanks fot thr answer Arvol it was clear and encourage to go in this direction since I am a solo DJ I need this type of automation sending timecode to a tool that can automate Resolume clip launch, One question are you the developer of Trigger ?

Sérgio

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I am :)

For DJ's using Pioneer, ShowKontrol is a great tool (If you can afford it). It does everything very nicely.

sergioherculanomusic

Hi [@Arvol], Great, 👏👏👏👏👏
By coincidence got a license of Trigger yesterday, and I am uso by it also, great and simple tool.

I use Rekordbox with a Pioneer DJ controller that is not compatible with Pro DJ link, so I can’t use Showkontrol.but I have the possibility to send Timecode from my de setup since I developed a tool with a company that we are testing right now.

I am thinking how use trigger in my workflow, my idea is to find a way to setup it to control 3 hours visuals of a live set (around 100 music tracks)

So your advices are welcome 😊

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Well if your set if pre-recordered, you can easily trigger clips using LTC from your decks to change clips on songs, or different part of your songs and then from there you can trigger fx as needed by making a new trigger. For everything else, you could use external FFT to have the fx go along with your music, if you're looking for a quick "set it and forget it" method of doing things?

I mainly built it for a hologram tour I was on. We had lots of clips that needed triggered in different parts of the song. I also had to manage about 1,000 LED panels, so I wanted to automate the show (already driven via LTC) so I could focus on putting out fires if/when they happened during the set. But the app can be used for many other things as well ;)